Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Why you gotta presume that hes moving out because of HER?
What else is there to presume? See my post just before this one. It had to be something to do with how they got along or didn't get along, living together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 11:52 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
I entirely disagree. His choice to leave is his own personal issue and has nothing to do with her. It has to do with him, his ego, and his own desire to leave. It has nothing to do with her and there's nothing wrong with her.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I entirely disagree. His choice to leave is his own personal issue and has nothing to do with her. It has to do with him, his ego, and his own desire to leave. It has nothing to do with her and there's nothing wrong with her.
There may not be anything wrong with her. I'm just soliciting more info. I tossed out that one example, that maybe it was her, but it could have been him. The point is, something went wrong with their dynamic, but we don't know what it is. The OP has left out some crucial info to help us understand the situation. We can't help her until we have all the info.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:00 PM

186 posts, read 238,642 times
You're young and seem to have your life on track with school and work. Why stress yourself out more for someone that only shows you attention when they want? If I were you I'd help him pack. See you whenever he wants? That only shows you its on his terms not regarding how you're feeling.

What he is doing is slowly getting out of your life. Right now you should just focus on finishing school and getting a career in your field. If he truely cared about you he would make it work even he needs "space". Don't force him to be there or force the relationship to work if it doesn't fall together by itself. Whats meant to be is meant to be.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry1221 View Post
My boyfriend 28 and I 21 moved in together after being together 3 and a half years about 2 months ago. I am in nursing school and work part time bartending. He on the other hand owns his own landscaping business and feels like he needs space to focus on his business and feels like he wants to move out to do that... I'm devastated and heartbroken willing to do anything to make it work I feel like he's being selfish.
I'm at a crossroad because he still wants to be together but move out and see me a few times a week whenever he has time. Idek what to do or think I love him so much been there through thick and thin helped support him through everything. He tells me he wants to marry me one day but I Can't accept the fact he's not willing to make it work now.
Am I over reacting I feel like he is turning his back on me? He is currently still at our condo but has told me several times he wants to move out and most the time really hostile about it. Last night he said today is the day he will leave so when j go home I expect his stuff not to be there. When he wants sex all that changes and he acts nice and says he loves me... he doesn't even seem like the same person since we moved in together he used to do anything to have me by his side. I helped him get through some rough patches over the last six months and now he's on the road to start succeeding and wants to leave me behind I feel like. He said he still wants to be together when he moves out but I don't know if I can be with him. Myself esteem is really low right now and I feel rejected
Right there. He just didn't spell it out.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:03 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This doesn't make a lot of sense. You were together over 3 years, but as soon as you move in together, he wants to move out? Why? His excuse is that he needs "space" to run his business? That's not a reason. If he needs "space", get an apartment with an extra room that he can use as an office.

What happened that you're not telling us, OP? Why did he suddenly get turned off, hostile even, after you two moved in together? Did you get smothering? Something must have happened. Why did he move in with you in the first place? Do those reasons no longer hold? Make what work? It usually doesn't take any effort, not in the first two months. Tell us what's going on.
I'm guessing it's the age difference? She's only 21; he's 28, and in a totally different place in life. He just didn't realize how far apart they were in maturity until they cohabitated.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:07 PM

324 posts, read 427,288 times
Is he angry with you about something, OP? His behavior indicates he's angry about something. What was the premise that you decided to move in together on? Was it due to financial issues or did he cave because you were pushing for it?

Feels like there's something left out here to give any advice.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:11 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm guessing it's the age difference? She's only 21; he's 28, and in a totally different place in life. He just didn't realize how far apart they were in maturity until they cohabitated.
Probably, though they apparently started dating when OP was 18 and he was 25.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
He says he wants to marry you but doesn't want to act like a partner.
Why would he need to move out to focus on business?
Why does he act hostile towards the situation?

Logically none of this behavior makes sense.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Maybe OP isn't coming back on here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships