U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM

3,050 posts, read 2,632,400 times

Advertisements

Stop asking us and asking him. If he won't "admit his feelings," then why would you waste time on him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 09:28 AM

27 posts, read 23,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What does "working toward exclusivity" mean? There is no gray "sort of quasi-exclusive" area. You're either exclusive or you aren't. If you were genuinely interested in being his girlfriend, you probably blew it with the hard-to-get routine. Both of you are saying one thing and doing another.
Not quite sure, when he said that it was news to me. knows my ex is still in the picture. A few weeks ago he said he thought this could be more, he then found out that my ex was still in the picture then said he wasn't thinking like that right now, then at the bar said working towards being exclusive. My friends said who wants to be exclusive with someone right at that moment who's ex of 4 years is still in the picture, to which I replied no one. He keeps saying he isn't worried about my ex he just asks about him because he's "curious". As soon as the guy that I was talking to at the bar walked away he immediately asked if that was my ex, 20 min after having sex he asked if I was texting him to which I said no and he wanted to look at my phone to see if I was lying.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:29 AM

11,780 posts, read 8,565,702 times
Geez, and I thought I was bad...

[Slow golf clap]

Old 03-11-2015, 09:29 AM

27 posts, read 23,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Do you want us to call him and ask him?
Sure why not.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM

1,178 posts, read 957,771 times
If you really care about someone you won't have the need to "ignore him" while you flirt with other guys right under his nose. Having been on the receiving end of this kind of behavior I know how much it hurts.

Maybe you will find someone down the road who you will not want to play games with and instead treat them with love and respect.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,912,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebrooks1988 View Post
Sure why not.
Give us his phone number. We'll call him and ask him what the deal is. Do you want us to call your ex, too? Anything you want us to tell him or find out from him?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:50 AM

8,544 posts, read 7,084,705 times
stop playing games if you want serious results...

You did it to yourself and you're contuining to do it by letting him contuine with you from this point onwards.

Take a step back and look at everything objectively and ask yourself if you really want someone like him just becuase he may have feelings for you

Old 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM

42,713 posts, read 41,426,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebrooks1988 View Post
He knows my ex is still in the picture.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:27 PM

11,658 posts, read 7,207,243 times
Lawdy.

If you had an actual relationship with this guy, he'd be jealous and possessive and looking for an excuse to control your contact with others, wanting to know where you are and who you're with at all times, and generally a real pain.

And sad to break the news to you, but as glorious an arrangement as it may seem on its face, "friends with benefits" almost never works out. Because sooner or later, one person in the match tends to want more...more feelings, more exclusivity, more...just more. And the other does not care. One person gets clingy, the other has all the power, and normally uses it to inflict pain. Even if you think you're detached enough to just go on as friends, wait until he finds "the one"...a girl he adores and wants to really, really be with. And suddenly, your friendship is toast. You're shut out.

It stinks because the initial phases of a FWB thing feel so awesome. You get all the thrills and chills with supposedly none of the baggage or rules. But then, usually after you get your swerve on, it blows up in your face in one manner or another.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:37 PM

2,763 posts, read 2,003,089 times
What is it with young men and women playing games with each-other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships