Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:48 AM

27 posts, read 33,819 times

Advertisements

Long story short met this guy in November. I like him a lot but we both played a lot if games with (won't go into details) each other, which I started unfortunately. He said he thought it could be more between us. Last weekend saw him while I was out I completely ignored him and talked to other guys while he was there because we agreed not to get jealous.I was giving my number to another guy and he comes up and said "she's not going to call you bro, she's coming home with me". I said no I'm not and I started to walk away and meanwhile another guy is trying to talk to me and I look back and the guy I like is following me. He gets incredibly angry and says he wants to knock the other guy out, I said but "we're not exclusive like you said remember?" He said I thought we were working towards being exclusive and kept begging me to come home with him, but I said no and went home.*

He called me 4 times, texted me which I all ignored, he asked for me to come over I said no. I didn't hear from all week after that the then tells me we should stop hanging out because he doesn't want to hurt me, this won't ever be more and that we could be just friends with benefits because he's going to continue to see other girls. I am so in shock right now and just hurt and confused. What happened? Is there a way to fix this?

**I slept with him for the first time two days before ignoring him at the bar**

Side note, he NEVER admits to his feelings, even when he wanted to knock out the guy at the bar he still wouldn't admit that he was jealous/didn't like me talking to other guys. He always asks me about my ex and other guys who I am texting but just says he's asking not because he cares but because he's "curious" which I know isn't true. My friends said that he seems insecure.

Did I just severely hurt his ego or what? What happened? How do I fix this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
You don't. He told you he never wants to be exclusive. He was being a caveman at the bar because you were getting attention. He wants his ego stroked by you being infatuated with him, but he wants to see other girls.

Relationships can move forward but they can't move backward. You both have played too many ridiculous high school games for this to ever work, anyway. Time to move on.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
You either decide to be his friend with benefits or you move on.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You don't. He told you he never wants to be exclusive. He was being a caveman at the bar because you were getting attention. He wants his ego stroked by you being infatuated with him, but he wants to see other girls.

Relationships can move forward but they can't move backward. You both have played too many ridiculous high school games for this to ever work, anyway. Time to move on.
Well he said we working towards it then I proceeded to ignore him at the bar.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebrooks1988 View Post
You live and you learn. If you want to work toward a relationship with someone, you don't play games with them.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:16 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
I am so in shock right now and just hurt and confused. What happened?

I'm very surprised that you feel shocked and confused. What happened???? read your post again. It's pretty easy to see what happened.
Seems (from what I read) you made it VERY clear that he's not someone you'd be interested in building a committed relationship with.
It's easy to understand why he's said what he did....maybe you should both cut out the silly head games.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Yeah and he changed his mind. These little games may work in dumb books like The Rules, but in real life if you aren't honest with your partner, things aren't going to go well.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
What does "working toward exclusivity" mean? There is no gray "sort of quasi-exclusive" area. You're either exclusive or you aren't. If you were genuinely interested in being his girlfriend, you probably blew it with the hard-to-get routine. Both of you are saying one thing and doing another.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I'm very surprised that you feel shocked and confused. What happened???? read your post again. It's pretty easy to see what happened.
Seems (from what I read) you made it VERY clear that he's not someone you'd be interested in building a committed relationship with.
It's easy to understand why he's said what he did....maybe you should both cut out the silly head games.
I'm trying to but he never admits to his feelings and I'm not sure if it's an ego thing with him. He even asked if one of the guys at the bar was my ex as soon as the guy walked away but claims my ex doesn't bother him. After having sex 20 min after he kept asking if I was texting my ex but still continues to just say he only asks because he's curious. Is he just angry and or is his ego shot right now?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Stop asking us and asking him. If he won't "admit his feelings," then why would you waste time on him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships