U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:46 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,497,028 times

Advertisements

Not really... Then again I don't know that men will say out loud what there expectations are but I did have one guy that told me I was beautiful or "bad" as he called it and he compared me to a celeb women he favors and added like she has the perfect body too and she has c cups-I prefer c cups. Well being that I have B cups that obviously meant that I didn't meet the criteria. I understood it because he told me when we met that he was a breasts man but I wondered why he wanted to date me. Other guys I've talked to acted strange about me working out, on one hand they appreciated it on the other if for whatever reason my weight would go down and i would get slimmer they would freak out and say I needed to stay thick, even going as far as trying to discourage me from eating less. It seemed stupid. Not necessarily unrealistic though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 01:07 PM

21,715 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
$100K is fairly reasonable if they live in a major city, just not if they are still dating recent college grads.
The average annual salary in the US is approximately half that.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:17 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,199,574 times
Quote:
It's not that much money if you live in a major city. Who do you think is buying the $500-$700K houses?
http://www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html

Median household income in 2012: $73k
Median house value in 2012: $728k

http://www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html

Median household income: $51k
Median house value: $478k

Maybe in an affluent suburb or smaller city, like Newport Beach, but not in what I would call a major city, no. I live in a suburb with lots of homes in that price range, but they are inhabited by families, not dating singles. Also, our median household income in my town does barely top $100k, but that includes a lot of working spouses like me. I have no idea but would be willing to bet that the large majority of men who make over $100k a year are already married--and that they made less than $100k when they got married.

If you don't think requiring a man to make $100k in order to be datable is ludicrous, okay. There will be different opinions about it.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:18 PM

765 posts, read 766,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
What is it about you that attracts this type of woman? Maybe you should do do self-examination because if you have been in a relationship with more than one that expects a man to meet all of these requirements, there is something going on with you being attracted to them in the first place.
The woman had really great humor goals looks personality soon as I wanted to date them and or was in a relationship with them what they wanted and expected drove me toto think
What the hell am i dealing with?

Old 03-11-2015, 01:27 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,563,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
http://www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html

Median household income in 2012: $73k
Median house value in 2012: $728k

http://www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html

Median household income: $51k
Median house value: $478k

Maybe in an affluent suburb or smaller city, like Newport Beach, but not in what I would call a major city, no. I live in a suburb with lots of homes in that price range, but they are inhabited by families, not dating singles. Also, our median household income in my town does barely top $100k, but that includes a lot of working spouses like me.
That's why you have to exclude the non college educated, students, the recently graduated, the retired, etc.

Quote:
If you don't think requiring a man to make $100k in order to be datable is ludicrous, okay. There will be different opinions about it.
It's not that much. You can make more than that running your own liquor store or dry cleaner.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:28 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,563,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The average annual salary in the US is approximately half that.
Most of whom do not even have a degree and that figure includes students and the retired.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:36 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,890 posts, read 5,196,087 times
A salary requirement as a prerequisite just screams "I am looking for someone to take care of me."
Quote:
The $100k requirement is just out there in Lalaland. How old were these women? Did they have jobs? How bizarre.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:57 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,199,574 times
Quote:
That's why you have to exclude the non college educated, students, the recently graduated, the retired, etc.

It's not that much. You can make more than that running your own liquor store or dry cleaner.
I think most men who do that are already married or divorced at least once. Dry cleaners are classic examples of a "mom and pop," don't you think?

Old 03-11-2015, 02:00 PM

7,351 posts, read 4,182,782 times
Quote:
No it isn't. Very few people make that kind of money.
My exes all made that kind of money. And we are not talking professionals, try two diesel mechanics and a truck driver. I live in the North East.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:04 PM

21,715 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Quote:
Most of whom do not even have a degree and that figure includes students and the retired.
Ok, so as a requirement must live in a high cost of living metropolitan area and have a degree in a STEM field.

Those requirement would only work in select areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or