U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM

18,100 posts, read 19,861,860 times

Advertisements

Wife and I seem to be good.

What happened bro. Gf dumped you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:48 PM

5,980 posts, read 3,274,915 times
I love how people assume that I posted this because my girlfriend dumped me. Knew this would happen.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:51 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,797,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
My husband and I are completely compatible as partners. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OMG, how bizarre, my husband and I are like that too. What are the odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Wife and I seem to be good.
Count my spouse and I as very compatible, too. Twenty-six happy years and counting.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:52 PM

77,937 posts, read 69,884,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL;
I love how people assume that I posted this because my girlfriend dumped me. Knew this would happen.
When you post nonsensical things, it's natural for people to try to make sense of them. So they begin to speculate. Is this about your parents not getting along?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:57 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,728,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
My husband and I are completely compatible as partners. Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OMG, how bizarre, my husband and I are like that too. What are the odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Count my spouse and I as very compatible, too. Twenty-six happy years and counting.
Raises hand. Me too, me too. Well, pretty compatible with my SO. These anecdotes aint data, but they're something.

But Tommy, what if everyone said "yep" in response to your comment? What have we then?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When you post nonsensical things, it's natural for people to try to make sense of them. So they begin to speculate. Is this about your parents not getting along?
What about this is nonsense?

No, it has nothing to do with my parents.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:58 PM

8,666 posts, read 7,632,897 times
Men and women are very different in some ways, yet they can make a great pairing, because they compensate for the others shortcomings.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:00 PM

31,273 posts, read 19,739,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Well if you and your GF were great, you probably wouldn't post that men/women are incompatible.

So what's your reason for posting?

We are not mind readers. You give little info, people will naturally try to fill in with a logical context.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-11-2015, 09:02 PM

9,940 posts, read 6,094,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Men and women are naturally incompatible as partners. They are just too different. They could really be designated separate species and no one would say otherwise. I don't mean this from a sexual or romantic point of view either. Their drives, what causes them to pursue something, are too dissimilar to establish common goals in a relationship. We are hardwired to view the other sex as something to be used only for the continuation of the species. We will never get this biological predisposition out of our way. It's no surprise that sexism is still a problem affecting both sexes today. Nature has always been split into male and female, but we think we can just treat everyone as "people".
We envision the perfect relationship as one with constant harmony and love, but this is close to impossible considering it serving no biological role.
If that was the case, the human race would go extinct.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well if you and your GF were great, you probably wouldn't post that men/women are incompatible.

So what's your reason for posting?

We are not mind readers. You give little info, people will naturally try to fill in with a logical context.
Maybe she doesn't even exist...

I posted this on a whim. There wasn't any event that made me suddenly feel like writing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or