Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:51 AM

61,120 posts, read 85,934,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
Nowadays it's all about the looks. Some people still live in the 60's and believe a man must have money. I say:
Welcome in 2015!
A man don't need to be rich, but he should at least have a job, and some ambition - other than just get laid...

Old 03-13-2015, 08:05 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,234,122 times
If you have no job and youre broke....how do you support yourself?

Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,512,250 times
Broke men have sex all the time. Many women don't need a man to support them, so if they just want to have some fun, they really don't care what the man has or how wealthy he is. There are many men and women who don't have high paying jobs getting sex, there are many not so good looking men and women having sex too. Just because a few ticked off horny, angry guys keep posting a million times that the only men getting women are Hot guys, rich guys or players....doesn't make it true. I have said it before and I will say it again, only on the internet do I see or hear of guys struggling to find women. Offline, it's always my female friends I see or hear who can't find a man, can't get a date. The men I know or see are doing just fine. Broke, ugly, no car, nice looking, great job, all have no problems getting dates, getting sex or getting relationships.

Last edited by Raptor76; 03-13-2015 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Left a word out

Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,971,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadKing88 View Post
I really don't know how this is happening, but i certainly tell you that women are not gold diggers. It can't just be due to my confidence, though. I approach women i am attracted to and actually listen to what they say, get them to talk about themselves and I'm interested in them, but in terms of my material wealth, i am shocked that any women would sleep with me.

I am decent looking guy with a good body, but I have nothing of material worth yet there are women who will invite me to their place for drinks or whatever (this is after our phone conversations and maybe some flirty texting) and then it leads to sex or at the very minimum some kind of foreplay/heavy making out.

I was being told that women only want a guy with "this" or "that" [insert material possession] and that they wouldn't bother with a guy like me. Well [Snip.]! I can get women even in my situation and now i feel smug because of the doubters.

Please don't get me wrong, however, as i actually enjoy being in the presence of these women and we almost always stay friends because they know i'm not looking for anything serious. Also, i can't provide for myself, let alone other people yet, so i'm not going to enter into serious relationships. I would rather be honest with these women than lead them along, it's only morally right.

Congratulations, you have a sex life with women who only need a man for sex and nothing more.
Not much to be smug about in my opinion and women who are doing the same thing you are doing are not referred to "smug" either.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2015 at 09:19 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,888,621 times
You don't need money to have one nighters. When women are ovulating they want that tough, big muscled, tattooed dude to satisfy their primordial desires. Same with men wanting some hot skinny supermodel blonde. A serious relationship is an entirely different deal.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Look, you're learning!

Women like to have sex. Not all women are gold-diggers. What revelations!

I think a lot of your results has to do with the fact that you're constantly on the make. You also have said that you don't care if women have boyfriends or not ... you'll pursue them.

So the numbers are in your favor.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:46 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
You must be a decent-looking guy who doesn't creep women out when he talks to them.

Congratulations? I guess, because you have met minimal expectations for sex.

If sex is all you want (and it may well be) it sounds like you're set.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:16 AM

20,216 posts, read 14,443,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Congratulations, you have a sex life with women who only need a man for sex and nothing more.
Not much to be smug about in my opinion and women who are doing the same thing you are doing are not referred to "smug" either.
I think it's funny, the assumptions and judgments.

If this guy, and his ladies, have found a way to make FWB work without undue drama or hardship to either party in any given coupling, well freaking bully for them! I applaud this. You go, OP. (Just remember to wrap that rascal and ya know...get checked from time to time, maybe get a vasectomy or something...don't neglect the practical considerations.)

People act as though the only valid goal is to pair bond and find this ultimate committed thing of two people in matrimony getting old together. Well. As I've mentioned a few times recently I'm a woman in a marriage that is very unhappy, mostly from my end of things. My husband is still clinging like a barnacle. But in all of my interactions, I have either been the person who cares too much or not enough, never have I found someone where we were both equally devoted and happy and in love. The real colors show after sex occurs. Do you still even want to talk to that person? See them again? Or do you want to trail after them like a puppy? I haven't found much in the middle. And these uneven balances of power and affection in a couple really seem to doom the whole thing, as far as I can see. Maybe I am just not relationship material either. I find myself asking, this fairy tale that marriage supposedly is supposed to be...what in the heck are the odds? If you take all the people out of the stats that aren't really happy in their marriages but stay for whatever reasons...what are the odds of happily ever after?

And when you gaze upon the whole thing with a slightly more cynical eye, you've got to ask yourself, if this guy is happy with what he's doing and if the women he's doing it with are as well, then what in the heck is wrong with it? So it's not your idea of meaningful, so what?

It's like getting all judgy of women who don't want kids. It ain't your life. You aren't the life goal police, you guys. *shrug*

But what OP says, the point of what he was saying, highlights something I've been trying to tell men for ages. Women score men's appeal using a long form with a lot of factors on it. You might not have point A, B, or C, but if you have point D, E and F, you will still score with somebody. And different women rate different features more highly than others. There are some ladies out there who won't consider a man with no job and no car...but there are many who will, and you can bet he's got other things going for him. He's maybe good looking, maybe young and fit, maybe he just has a great personality and makes people laugh. Maybe he plays acoustic guitar. *shrug*

Old 03-13-2015, 09:24 AM

734 posts, read 1,075,195 times
Those women are just looking to get laid, nothing more. They know you aren't boyfriend/husband material.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:46 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,694,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Broke men have sex all the time. Many women don't need a man to support them, so if they just want to have some fun, they really don't care what the man has or how wealthy he is. There are many men and women who don't have high paying jobs getting sex, there are many not so good looking men and women having sex too. Just because a few ticked off horny, angry guys keep posting a million times that the only men getting women are Hot guys, rich guys or players....doesn't make it true. I have said it before and I will say it again, only on the internet do I see or hear of guys struggling to find women. Offline, it's always my female friends I see or hear who can't find a man, can't get a date. The men I know or see are doing just fine. Broke, ugly, no car, nice looking, great job, all have no problems getting dates, getting sex or getting relationships.
I want to marry you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships