Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
It's funny how one day, these men are a small, vocal minority of bitter losers, but today they are united and organized in a conspiratorial manner to dissuade men from marrying.

Hahaha...it's awesome.

Those two things are in no way mutually exclusive. In fact, they often go hand and hand.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:34 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,446 times
Quote:
It's funny how one day, these men are a small, vocal minority of bitter losers, but today they are united and organized in a conspiratorial manner to dissuade men from marrying.

Hahaha...it's awesome.
They are a small minority, if you compare their numbers to the whole of male population in the world. But they are organized. There are many websites and groups which share that same belief, and now they've even had a convention of sorts.

I never said anything about them "united and organized in a conspiratorial manner to convince men to not marry," as if that is a bad thing, because I don't think it is.

If they can successfully convince like-minded losers from removing themselves from the gene pool and never marry, we all win.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:

Hahaha...it's awesome.
They are still a small minority. And just because a group of people unites and organizes doesn't mean that's a good think. The KKK is united and organized, too. And just about as useful.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:39 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,446 times
Quote:

I think it's the person who suggested that there are man clubs stoking fears of divorce among the male population.
If you mean me, no I am not at all concerned about man clubs "stoking fears" of divorce.

Don't assume that my issues with the Woman-Hating Club is that they might convince more men to not marry. My issues are how they treat women, like an extreme example of the man telling his daughter that he'd disown her if she pressed charges against her rapist. The PUA sites who tutor other men in how to play twisted mind games in order to manipulate women, perhaps coerce them into bed. The Manosphere Glossary outlines many of their tactics (in a humorous way). Dissuading men from marrying is very low on my list of issues with the manosphere. In fact, I'd say their encouraging of like-minded men to never marry is one of the few pluses.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 PM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
[quote=TheSmuggler;38865582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I think it's the person who suggested that there are man clubs stoking fears of divorce among the male population.

I mean, seriously?

Again, it's clear from the undertones of your post that you believe men to be idiots, that they don't speak with one another and relate to others' experience.

It's pretty insulting, really.

And I'm sure you HAVE been through a divorce.
I think you may have comprehension issues.
All one really has to do is read these thread to find the small group of men who have marriage/relationships phobias based only on the suggestions of other men the majority of whom don't have any real life first hand knowledge either.

I'm perfectly aware that people speak and relate issues. My comment was divorce stories are one sided and highly biased coming from men or women. I have never heard anyone tell a 100% good divorce story. Its always about how they got burned. Myself included. Its human nature.

Yes I have been thru divorce twice, well almost. So I believe I have a much better understanding of how divorce laws actually work. And, no, I never said nor do I believe men are idiots. Well some men but so are some women.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:16 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
2/3rds of housework/childcare isn't most?
I believe the other poster pointed out that it's balanced with doing more work to provide income for the family....

In fact, I know they did.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am under pressure from parents to get married off by 25. At this point in life, I would much rather stay single and take time to make the right choices. Is there anything wrong with that ?
Not at all.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok. Men may normally make more because.....women tend to take the lead role in child rearing which normally requires her to take a lower paying more flexible or part time job so she can take a lot of personal days for sick kids, doctor appointments, school activities and such. One of the reason she normally gets the kids, because she is the primary caretaker and lets not forget most men do not ask for custody. If men aren't cool with that then they would also take lower paying, flexible jobs working less hours with no benefits and spend more time parenting. Income doesn't matter unless there is a significant difference in earning power.
That might be part of the reason, but there still is sexism, which is why some women quit work. I had a job where I was paid less though I was more qualified. I know other women in that position so they quit working. Of course many employers think all women do this.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:54 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I believe the other poster pointed out that it's balanced with doing more work to provide income for the family....

In fact, I know they did.

Yes, that the stats showed, but the poster countered a claim that 2/3rds of a particular arena wasn't "most". 2/3rs of anything is certainly "most" which is synonymous with a majority.

If they meant to point out what you're saying, they phrased their point incorrectly.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't think it is. Chalk it up to semantics if you want, but most implies 80-90%+ to me.
"Semantics"?! LOLOL! Dude, "most" can be anywhere from 51% to 99%. "Most" means a majority. 51% is a majority. Anything greater than even-Steven and less than "all" (100% = "all", just so we're clear & on the same page) is "most". Example: women constitute 51% of the population, therefore "most" people are women.

Wow. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. lol! C-D is too much. I guess now y'all are into changing the meanings of words to suit your argument? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.