U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM

718 posts, read 492,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Haha! Someone left me a rep note calling me a "misandrist" for pointing out that it's women's growing emphasis on education the last couple of generations that's contributed to late marriage rates.

So, now we're down to declaring basic facts of life either "misogynistic" or "misandrist"? The fact that women are getting higher education and careers is "misandrist"?

Whatever.
This is why you don't even bother with these kinds of threads. No offence to the OP, but all types of neoconservative, bitter nut jobs come out the woodwork when they get an opportunity to blame women for their singledom.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:46 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,254,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Apparently people listened to their programing from the elite. Women were told they don't need men, so they became convinced they don't. They hook up. They have babies out of wedlock and fall back on family or the govt. for help.

So I guess men listened too. Now they are free to hook up also, sex after a date or three. No judgment or condemnation on anyone. Family, govt. and even their churches are happy, just as long as they're happy. Not only this, but family courts are so punitive toward men, if the wife gives them the old heave ho. Marriage will continue to dwindle.
Simple solution Birth control and condoms

Old 03-13-2015, 06:53 PM

78,008 posts, read 69,950,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Simple solution Birth control and condoms
True. It takes two to make a baby. Augie makes it sound as if it's some sort of subversive movement on women's part, in order to destabilize men.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:59 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,254,080 times
Quote:
True. It takes two to make a baby. Augie makes it sound as if it's some sort of subversive movement on women's part, in order to destabilize men.
Too bad that people are feed lies or not told about it.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:15 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,830,877 times
Quote:
Haha! Someone left me a rep note calling me a "misandrist" for pointing out that it's women's growing emphasis on education the last couple of generations that's contributed to late marriage rates.

So, now we're down to declaring basic facts of life either "misogynistic" or "misandrist"? The fact that women are getting higher education and careers is "misandrist"?

Whatever.
Sounds like somebody feels threatened by women's gains. Wusses.

Women getting more education slows down the birthrate and contributes to national prosperity and GDP growth globally, according to studies. And did y'all know that once wages stagnated, starting in the 70's (not to mention the recession of that period), women's joining the workforce as a mass phenomenon was essential for maintaining the standard of living in the US? According to economists, it was flat wages, not so much the women's movement, that caused women to seek jobs. Corporate greed is bad news, peeps. CEO's taking all the profits to pay themselves more, without giving employees any reward for their improved productivity.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:25 PM

9,415 posts, read 11,684,751 times
Good grief OP, I can see why you're single and having issues with women. It's painful watching these posts of yours, you come off like a real jerk who hates women.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 PM

511 posts, read 311,347 times
Divorce courts do not always favor the woman. Sometimes, they do rule in favor of the man.

And the decline in marriage is partially the result of a poor economy.

Anyways, some men and some women in their twenties are probably focusing on their careers and don't care to be married until late twenties-early thirties.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:35 PM

9,415 posts, read 11,684,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Sounds like somebody feels threatened by women's gains. Wusses.

Women getting more education slows down the birthrate and contributes to national prosperity and GDP growth globally, according to studies. And did y'all know that once wages stagnated, starting in the 70's (not to mention the recession of that period), women's joining the workforce as a mass phenomenon was essential for maintaining the standard of living in the US? According to economists, it was flat wages, not so much the women's movement, that caused women to seek jobs. Corporate greed is bad news, peeps. CEO's taking all the profits to pay themselves more, without giving employees any reward for their improved productivity.
Have you been watching Inequality for All too

Old 03-13-2015, 09:37 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,830,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Have you been watching Inequality for All too
Awesome film! Cool dude! I couldn't believe what he was saying at first. But his stats don't lie. Definitely eye-opening.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 PM

10,026 posts, read 9,200,640 times
Quote:

Whatever.
I think it's great women are getting education and waiting longer. Mist people I know wait longer but it has to do with wanting to be financial secure, not because of anti marriage. Most I know married in 30's or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or