Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:27 AM

783 posts, read 849,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
You've got a good point there. Both these groups are likely a vocal minority, making a big deal and trying to get a lot of attention, but not representing the rest of men or womenkind.

The type of guys you talk about have probably been around for a long time, and I don't have any problem with them at all. There are plenty of women who are the same, not married, not interested, and don't feel they are missing out. And, like the guys you describe, they are busy living their lives and aren't saying how much they hate the opposite sex.

The "official" movement is a whole different thing. This is where the losers come into the picture.
Cut and pasting this that describes the various levels of MGTOW.

From the main site: The four levels of MGTOW
  • Level 1: Situational awareness
This level includes men who are aware of the realities that face them in society, and yet deem the risks acceptable to have a go at playing the game.
  • Level 2: Rejection of long-term relationships
The MGTOW rejects all form of long-term personal relationships with women, including but not limited to marriage, cohabitation of any sort which might be classified as common-law marriage, picking up for a single mother's children, or any action which might be used in court to turn him into her legal indentured servant.
  • Level 3: Rejection of short-term relationships
The MGTOW rejects all form of personal relationships with women, including dating, one-night stands, friendships, etc. Any contact with unfamiliar women is kept strictly professional and at a minimum.
  • Level 4: Economic disengagement
The MGTOW refuses to produce more than is strictly necessary for his individual survival. He will limit actions that are punished by taxation without jeopardising his way of life and acceptable standard of living.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:31 AM

36,520 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Women being taken to the cleaners. They are normally married to a guy that makes more and they normally get the kids, so your scenario, while possible, isn't going to be that common.
Ok. Men may normally make more because.....women tend to take the lead role in child rearing which normally requires her to take a lower paying more flexible or part time job so she can take a lot of personal days for sick kids, doctor appointments, school activities and such. One of the reason she normally gets the kids, because she is the primary caretaker and lets not forget most men do not ask for custody. If men aren't cool with that then they would also take lower paying, flexible jobs working less hours with no benefits and spend more time parenting. Income doesn't matter unless there is a significant difference in earning power.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:44 AM

36,520 posts, read 30,847,571 times
[quote=TheSmuggler;38863686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Baaaaaaahahahahaahahahaha. Were you able to type the bolded with a straight face?

So, men's fear of divorce is an unfounded fear fomented by woman-hating man clubs populated by men who've never been in relationships? Hahahaahahahahaha.

Just give me a second here, I'm going to need a minute to recover.

And you had the gall, a paragraph before that statement, to ask me for evidence of my assertion.

Would you care to offer the same? Where do these man clubs meet?

It's hard for me to imagine someone being that out of touch, so I have to assume you're grasping at straws there.

Because men couldn't possibly see their fathers, brothers, friends and coworkers go through divorces and form their own opinions, or come to grips with the raw statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce.
Yes. Straight face.
Where do they meet, on the internet.
Your stats are wrong. And that's just an example of the fear mongering and exaggerated myths.
Have you ever gone thru a divorce? Didn't think so. Married, no. Who is out of touch.

Doesn't bother me in the least if people are not getting married from 20-34. Its a good thing people are waiting later. There are several reasons for this, fear of divorce isn't even significant enough to mention. Anyway marriage isn't going away anytime soon.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post

The point I'm trying to make is, these men (like the uncle who never got married) do not identify with the title "MGTOW" and do not share the official party line of MGTOW. They do not self-identify as MGTOW. They may have never even heard of MGTOW.

You can call anyone whatever you want to, but do they embrace that, and all that it entails, as well? Would they agree that they are MGTOW? Would they be flattered if we here on City-Data called them MGTOW?

Like it or not, you say "MGTOW" and the world thinks first of MGTOW.com, and all that that entails. Which is not pretty at all.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post

• Level 1: Situational awareness
This level includes men who are aware of the realities that face them in society, and yet deem the risks acceptable to have a go at playing the game.
  • Level 2: Rejection of long-term relationships
The MGTOW rejects all form of long-term personal relationships with women, including but not limited to marriage, cohabitation of any sort which might be classified as common-law marriage, picking up for a single mother's children, or any action which might be used in court to turn him into her legal indentured servant.
  • Level 3: Rejection of short-term relationships
The MGTOW rejects all form of personal relationships with women, including dating, one-night stands, friendships, etc. Any contact with unfamiliar women is kept strictly professional and at a minimum.
  • Level 4: Economic disengagement
The MGTOW refuses to produce more than is strictly necessary for his individual survival. He will limit actions that are punished by taxation without jeopardising his way of life and acceptable standard of living.
How many of Level 2 and Level 3 are gay? Just wondering, since another poster said MGTOW was a gay thing.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
How many of Level 2 and Level 3 are gay? Just wondering, since another poster said MGTOW was a gay thing.
Check out the sponsor at the bottom, the "Why I Cheat" book. That cover looks like vintage gay art to me. The guy just needs tight white pants and a sailor hat.

It never occurred to me that men going their own way were gay. Seems doubtful, but we get a lot of posters here from a bodybuilding site, so who knows.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:

Yes. Straight face.
As well as a place called St Claire Shores. (NSFW language warning.)

How can anyone claim with a straight face that these guys aren't organized and are, figuratively and literally, a modern day Women-hating club? Do you ever read some of the things they say? Some liken women to a "pet," they want her for sex, but they never view her as an equal. They think everything she says is a lie. She needs to be kept in line. An education is wasted on her. And on and on. Let's not forget the guy (quoted in the link I give above) who said he'd disown his daughter if she pressed charges against her rapist.

Last edited by elvira310; 03-18-2015 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 01:15 PM

914 posts, read 765,811 times
[quote=elvira310;38865360]
Quote:

How can anyone claim with a straight face that these guys aren't organized and are, figuratively and literally, a modern day Women-hating club? Do you ever read some of the things they say? Some liken women to a "pet," they want her for sex, but they never view her as an equal. They think everything she says is a lie. She needs to be kept in line. An education is wasted on her. And on and on. Let's not forget the guy (quoted in the link I give above) who said he'd disown his daughter if she pressed charges against her rapist.
Yeah, they're kind of like Spanky and the little Rascals who never outgrew that phase.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:25 PM

376 posts, read 317,681 times
[quote=2mares;38864255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post

Yes. Straight face.
Your stats are wrong. And that's just an example of the fear mongering and exaggerated myths.
Have you ever gone thru a divorce? Didn't think so. Married, no. Who is out of touch.

Doesn't bother me in the least if people are not getting married from 20-34. Its a good thing people are waiting later. There are several reasons for this, fear of divorce isn't even significant enough to mention. Anyway marriage isn't going away anytime soon.
I think it's the person who suggested that there are man clubs stoking fears of divorce among the male population.

I mean, seriously?

Again, it's clear from the undertones of your post that you believe men to be idiots, that they don't speak with one another and relate to others' experience.

It's pretty insulting, really.

And I'm sure you HAVE been through a divorce.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:26 PM

376 posts, read 317,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post

It's funny how one day, these men are a small, vocal minority of bitter losers, but today they are united and organized in a conspiratorial manner to dissuade men from marrying.

Hahaha...it's awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships