U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:54 AM

3,050 posts, read 2,631,210 times

Advertisements

Why do I have a feeling that "work" is code for "school" and "HR" is code for "the principal"?

It alarms me that grown adults would act like this, or that your coworkers would care if you flirt with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:08 AM

34,516 posts, read 28,796,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I often wonder this about the posters who post about office "romances"
I always figure they work in call centers, retail stores, or mom and pop businesses where people can sometimes know too much about their coworkers. I cannot imagine this kind of BS going on in white collar corporate environments.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:59 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,374,647 times
Okay here's the update:

The investigation is over, no one got fired but their manager assured me that she dealt with them. So I've let it go and hopefully this is the end of it as I don't see them continuing with their job being on the line.

He made it clear his issue was not with me, so he basically saved my job and everything is good between us. Which is not the outcome they were hoping for and his boss knows the situation and he and his colleagues have given me their support.

Thanks to all who responded, specifically RUTH4TRUTH as you were very helpful.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:23 PM

3,947 posts, read 4,110,923 times
There can be a lot of vultures and haters at work. Some people are really small-minded crabby folks who like to claw at others and drag them down.

One thing you know for sure: if you continue to do a good job, separate yourself from work, keep your own personal life, maintain your sense of self-respect and dignity (strive to aim higher, unlike those low-lifes), in the end, if there really is something special between you two, I'm sure given the fact if he truly likes you and respects you for the person you are, he'll see your true colors and so will you, and hopefully something will transpire.

As for now, you can watch those little rats enjoy their low-lifing habits. Some people seriously act like they are garbage should seriously go back to the sewer.

Sorry you have to work with these catty crappy vultures. Maintain composure and dignity. Create and make what you want of work. Let go of the idea of dating this person and treat them like a amicable co-worker.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,374,647 times
Thanks KAT949!

We have worked together the last couple days and I've been distant but it really doesn't matter how I am toward him, they know he is the reason I didn't get fired. So it's evident he cares for me in some regard and they know it's nothing they can do about it, especially since they have exhausted all of their devious methods of trying to get him to not like me.

However I do want to talk to him and kind of clear the air as his actions has shown he is disappointed with me now becoming distant but I have to protect myself. If he wants to make things official and date, then okay but the "flirtationship" is over.

I'm looking for another job so I won't be there much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships