Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:35 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
No, I don't. Further, I don't see how people do them since the mirror is all steamed up.
Cell phone has a camera that can face out or towards one self, hence selfies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:51 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
It's not an issue with digital media; I am shooting with a DSLR.

It's an issue with the telephone. Long story short, my telephone is a Motorola Razr. My phone is used for talking to people and often, sits waiting for a call. I use computers like now, at home, or at work; I don't carry them around with me unless I have a specific job for it.

Oh, and I have two pictures on my profile. One, a "selfie" like I described above, the other where I got caught in another's lens.
I have tons of pics with me in them....even if I never used my cell at all. I have a DSLR and a little compact digital. I get lots of pics taken of me, and with others in it - family or friends. I always find it a bit odd when people say they have no pics of themselves. But even so, it is easy enough to do. Just find a nice spot in the yard, set up a tripod, and smile!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:09 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Do you buy anything sight unseen???

Old 03-15-2015, 09:26 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
People, the question has been answered. Don't use group shots.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:28 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
THAT was the question?

Read your OP again...

Quote:
True, a picture says a thousand words.....but what kind of words do they say?

As the photographer, there tend to be very few pictures of me.......and I am not one for selfies. I am strictly SLR and of the few pictures I have taken with my cell phone, they are still all on there.

And I wonder......they say group shots are not the kind of shot to show of yourself, but what if those are the only kind of shots of you that exist in abundance?.....................

.....................................especially if those pics are of you surrounded by members of the opposite sex. Would such shots, such as that famous lawyer song and dance group of "Sue and the Bas....." well, you know, turn a hopeful off?
"Should I use a group shot?" was not the question.

Just ask what you want to know, without all the pseudophilosophical ponderings please.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:30 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
As I said, it has been answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You can make all the arguments you want that "a book shouldn't be judged by its cover" but even the nicest person will likely not click into a profile without a picture. So you will get VERY few people approaching you without a picture.

Bite the bullet and take some selfies...not in big groups and especially not in big groups of the opposite sex - makes you look like a player or that you at least think of yourself as one! Make sure the pics are in focus and you're smiling in a natural way or at least look pleasant....also, change shirts/looks for a little variety if you can.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:49 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
i had a moto razr in like '06

time to upgrade

Old 03-15-2015, 09:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
The bathroom selfie alludes me, too. Why the bathroom? Speaking of which, there was a meme circulating the Interwebs a few years ago, of one particularly classy broad who took a bathroom lingerie selfie... only she evidently forgot to flush the toilet in the background.
Quote:
No, I don't. Further, I don't see how people do them since the mirror is all steamed up.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:36 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Cut and crop group pics, and set the timer on your camera for some pics alone, next time your out with friends shove the camera in their hands and tell them to take a pic of you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-15-2015, 10:45 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Huh? Wow. I had no idea that was the question. And I would not have answered that way, if asked! Group shots are great - they show that you have a life...family, friends, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships