U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2015, 06:59 AM
 
1,178 posts, read 956,384 times
Reputation: 2209

Advertisements

Just because you ran into a few women who were not right for you doesn't mean all women are like that. There are plenty of women who can and have share some less than satisfactory experiences with men they met online.

I hope you meet someone who is a good communicator and just a tip....you might want to refrain from using the batman quote and similar when you are with them, that may make them think you are not a good communicator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2015, 07:30 AM
 
76 posts, read 101,365 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Just because you ran into a few women who were not right for you doesn't mean all women are like that. There are plenty of women who can and have share some less than satisfactory experiences with men they met online.

I hope you meet someone who is a good communicator and just a tip....you might want to refrain from using the batman quote and similar when you are with them, that may make them think you are not a good communicator.
YaWN

The old

"All women aren't like that"

face it you're in denial if you don't think Tinder is a hookup app where men and women are screwing around like rabbits

Keep telling yourself that not all women are like that and are looking for true love on a "Hookup app"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 08:00 AM
 
Location: New Mexico via Ohio via Indiana
1,536 posts, read 1,326,022 times
Reputation: 2447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybentherars View Post
As a single guy in his mid 20's I never had problems meeting girls, girls where always abundant in college.
However once you leave college welcome to the real world. I have a buddy who told me about Tinder, he was dating a great girl so I figured why not give a shot?

HOLY BLEACHED BUTTCHEECKS BATMAN
Think I figured out the problem:
1) You say things like "holy bleached buttcheeks Batman." And misspell it.
2) You talk all about college, but based on your grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills, there is no evidence of any college. At least one where you actually attended a class.

Tinder would be perfect for you: as long as you know your "right" and "left" for swiping choices on a phone app you should be just fine.

Holy remedial English, Batman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Jupiter
9,940 posts, read 6,092,328 times
Reputation: 7824
I used tinder for about 10 minutes and got bored of it. After being burned a few times, I barely approach women in real life. I'll look at them pass me by but that's it. Dating in general sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
 
Location: SF CA, USA
4,188 posts, read 4,370,676 times
Reputation: 4943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I used tinder for about 10 minutes and got bored of it. After being burned a few times, I barely approach women in real life. I'll look at them pass me by but that's it. Dating in general sucks.
You can't just use it for 10 minutes, thats not how it works. As you swipe right on people and people swipe (hopefully) right on you, you build up matches. The more time you give your profile to circulate among your local users, the greater the chances of matches. I started seeing my first matches after about a week of using the app.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the numbers are not in your favor as a guy, unless you are very attractive. One has to give it time to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Ames, Iowa
361 posts, read 248,997 times
Reputation: 363
I absolutely disagree! I dislike online dating immensely,I don't do it but Tinder is the only option out there that keeps me entertained. Let's be honest, initial physical attraction is VERY important so Tinder starts with that which I think it is great.

As far as flakes, etc. Tinder is a low investment app. For the most part, you are making decisions solely based on looks, so yes, many people will not invest much in the beginning but I think it has a lot of potential.

Spending hours filling out profiles and sending long emails to a stranger is really bizarre in my opinion, so Tinder cuts through the BS.

It took me a long time to learn how to use Tinder effectively but it goes against common sense and logic, I would guess most men who are bored with it or not having success are doing it wrong.

You want to avoid long conversation and exchanges. Keep it very short and simple and go straight to setting up a date and getting a phone number as soon as possible.

Hi, you look very nice, I am gonna be very honest, I want to grab a drink with you. Chat a bit and ask for her number and set up a date as soon as possible. Absolutely no point in spending hours chatting back and forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 02:32 PM
 
Location: SF CA, USA
4,188 posts, read 4,370,676 times
Reputation: 4943
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I absolutely disagree! I dislike online dating immensely,I don't do it but Tinder is the only option out there that keeps me entertained. Let's be honest, initial physical attraction is VERY important so Tinder starts with that which I think it is great.

As far as flakes, etc. Tinder is a low investment app. For the most part, you are making decisions solely based on looks, so yes, many people will not invest much in the beginning but I think it has a lot of potential.

Spending hours filling out profiles and sending long emails to a stranger is really bizarre in my opinion, so Tinder cuts through the BS.

It took me a long time to learn how to use Tinder effectively but it goes against common sense and logic, I would guess most men who are bored with it or not having success are doing it wrong.

You want to avoid long conversation and exchanges. Keep it very short and simple and go straight to setting up a date and getting a phone number as soon as possible.

Hi, you look very nice, I am gonna be very honest, I want to grab a drink with you. Chat a bit and ask for her number and set up a date as soon as possible. Absolutely no point in spending hours chatting back and forth.
I agree with your approach. Unfortunately for me, 90% of the women I've met through it weren't really using it with an eye towards dating; instead, they were experimenting and chatting for the hell of it, or using it because their friend told them to use it, and so on. So far I've really only managed to get three meetings out of it, but it's better than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2015, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Ames, Iowa
361 posts, read 248,997 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I agree with your approach. Unfortunately for me, 90% of the women I've met through it weren't really using it with an eye towards dating; instead, they were experimenting and chatting for the hell of it, or using it because their friend told them to use it, and so on. So far I've really only managed to get three meetings out of it, but it's better than nothing.
I think I have met about 9 women so far through Tinder. Some were flakes, some were Ok but I did not feel a connection. One of them was weird but I think I have only been stood up once and she had the nerve to contact me 2 weeks later to ask if I wanted to meet.

I think Tinder is a good indicator of what kind of women are out there. You have to go through a lot of crap to find something decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 AM
 
76 posts, read 101,365 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Think I figured out the problem:
1) You say things like "holy bleached buttcheeks Batman." And misspell it.
2) You talk all about college, but based on your grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills, there is no evidence of any college. At least one where you actually attended a class.

Tinder would be perfect for you: as long as you know your "right" and "left" for swiping choices on a phone app you should be just fine.

Holy remedial English, Batman!
Oh look it's the Grammer police everyone....Make sure to put your thinking caps on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I absolutely disagree! I dislike online dating immensely,I don't do it but Tinder is the only option out there that keeps me entertained. Let's be honest, initial physical attraction is VERY important so Tinder starts with that which I think it is great.

As far as flakes, etc. Tinder is a low investment app. For the most part, you are making decisions solely based on looks, so yes, many people will not invest much in the beginning but I think it has a lot of potential.
Kudos if you are having success the app is what's IMO wrong with modern dating. It's all superficial most people don't want something with substance. It's truly disgusting how we have now come to this "Hook up Culture" mentality

There was an article out recently that said that STD rates are going higher again because of these dating apps.


Stay safe!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Ames, Iowa
361 posts, read 248,997 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybentherars View Post
Oh look it's the Grammer police everyone....Make sure to put your thinking caps on



Kudos if you are having success the app is what's IMO wrong with modern dating. It's all superficial most people don't want something with substance. It's truly disgusting how we have now come to this "Hook up Culture" mentality

There was an article out recently that said that STD rates are going higher again because of these dating apps.


Stay safe!!!

Would you date a morbidly obese woman or a very ugly woman like Susan Boyle with a lot of substance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top