Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 02:40 PM

76 posts, read 125,061 times

Advertisements

As a single guy in his mid 20's I never had problems meeting girls, girls where always abundant in college.
However once you leave college welcome to the real world. I have a buddy who told me about Tinder, he was dating a great girl so I figured why not give a shot?

HOLY BLEACHED BUTTCHEECKS BATMAN

I will say that it was a depressing experiences. I keep fit and shape and I was lucky to get a date where in person I have no problems meeting women at all.

Most women on there seem to have
  • Surreal expectations
  • Flakes
  • Boring Personalities or don't know how to carry a conversation to save their lives
Than once you met them in person they
  • didn't look their pictures
  • where crazy (I had one girl key my car long story)

I canceled it when I realized it was just a "hook up" app considering the fact I'm not looking to hook up but a serious relationship.

Is this what dating now has reduced to for a young person? meeting each other through apps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 03:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
There have been multiple threads on this, and the smart advice is this: if you decide to use OLD, use it to supplement your dating experience. Don't rely on it solely for your social interactions.

If you don't have trouble getting dates IRL, you probably don't have too much need for OLD anyway.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:12 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
It's harder to meet single, available women once out of college. If for no other reason that they're just not concentrated in such high numbers around you anymore.

The age segregation that goes on in our school system is bad preparation for the real world. I meet people all the time but they're not in my age bracket for dating.

That said, I think Tinder is pretty decent. Most of the women I've texted with were definitely NOT looking for hookups, but the flake factor is high.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
It's harder to meet single, available women once out of college. If for no other reason that they're just not concentrated in such high numbers around you anymore.

The age segregation that goes on in our school system is bad preparation for the real world. I meet people all the time but they're not in my age bracket for dating.

That said, I think Tinder is pretty decent. Most of the women I've texted with were definitely NOT looking for hookups, but the flake factor is high.
They can be though, if he participates in activities that attract women.

Improv class is a good bet, if you like cute and quirky women.

Volunteer for a cause or a political campaign.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:17 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Women are just as abundant now as they were in college. Take a look around you , next time you go out. They're everywhere! Talk to them. Mix. Mingle. Approach, chat. What are your hobbies? Get involved in an activity group of some sort that involves women. What about your old college crowd, are any of them still around? Women are always coming and going around social groups like that. Women are hard to miss, I don't know what the problem is for guys in their early post-college years.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:18 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
They can be though, if he participates in activities that attract women.

Improv class is a good bet, if you like cute and quirky women.

Volunteer for a cause or a political campaign.
Yup. It really is this simple. I'm not sure why that's so hard for some guys to catch onto. Volunteer for a film festival. Join a city soccer league. Take a photography class. Join an enviro org, or attend power point lectures at the local travel bookstore. Take up rock climbing. Do something, anything, that involves mixed groups!

Couldn't rep you, CCL.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:25 PM

76 posts, read 125,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women are just as abundant now as they were in college. Take a look around you , next time you go out. They're everywhere! Talk to them. Mix. Mingle. Approach, chat. What are your hobbies? Get involved in an activity group of some sort that involves women. What about your old college crowd, are any of them still around? Women are always coming and going around social groups like that. Women are hard to miss, I don't know what the problem is for guys in their early post-college years.
sure just talk to a woman whilst she walks on the street and come of looking one of those pua douchebags

Old 03-15-2015, 03:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybentherars View Post
  • Surreal expectations
  • Flakes
  • Boring Personalities or don't know how to carry a conversation to save their lives
  • where crazy (I had one girl key my car long story
Yeah, the men are just as bad.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:31 PM

41 posts, read 32,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybentherars View Post
As a single guy in his mid 20's I never had problems meeting girls, girls where always abundant in college.
However once you leave college welcome to the real world. I have a buddy who told me about Tinder, he was dating a great girl so I figured why not give a shot?

HOLY BLEACHED BUTTCHEECKS BATMAN

I will say that it was a depressing experiences. I keep fit and shape and I was lucky to get a date where in person I have no problems meeting women at all.

• Surreal expectations
  • Flakes
  • where crazy (I had one girl key my car long story)

I canceled it when I realized it was just a "hook up" app considering the fact I'm not looking to hook up but a serious relationship.

Is this what dating now has reduced to for a young person? meeting each other through apps?
This is what I feel that most of the women on OLD websites consist of. The crazy factor is beyond insane when it comes to most of the women on Tinder and I realized this in my last date. She didn't flake and I think I would have been ok if she had. But, I'm not sure if she was key your car crazy hahaha.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Refrain from gender bashing generalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships