Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,415 times

Advertisements

I've had several FWB's type of relationships over the years and it worked out fine. The main thing is not developing stronger feelings and wanting a more traditional relationship which can sometimes be easier said than done. I also think it's been easier for me since I've never really been interested in marriage or kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 09:12 PM

165 posts, read 159,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She's trying to figure out why the dude she thought she was in a relationship with really just wanted sex and didn't want a commitment. Even after he told her he was bad at relationships.

Sorry. This is the OP overthinking. Her "ex" is just not relationship material and he sounds like he may need therapy.

I think he did his best to warn her, but she thought her love could heal him or some such.

I will refer us all to that timeless nugget:

When someone tells you what they really are? Believe them.
He was relationship material at one point in his life and then converted to the dark side.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandaisy View Post
I'm having a really hard time understanding how a woman can continually have sex with a man and not catch feelings!? How is this possible!!!?

Edit: How can an honest, loving, genuine female do this? I'm probably going to get hate for saying this, but I feel that woman who favor FWB relationships lack some fundamental qualities of a nice girl.
I think chicks that meet guys they don't know and offer up their virginity are not being logical.

See how that works?

I don't think we can fault other humans for being human. A woman who doesn't feel like she wants a relationship and is honest about this is a nice girl.

A guy who is honest about it is a nice guy.

People who mislead others? Not so nice.

There's nothing wrong with having a sex drive.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
He was relationship material at one point in his life and then converted to the dark side.
BEFORE HE MET YOU.

So, whether he was at one time is irrelevant in your case.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:14 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
I'm having a really hard time understanding how a woman can continually have sex with a man and not catch feelings!? How is this possible!!!?

Edit: How can an honest, loving, genuine female do this? I'm probably going to get hate for saying this, but I feel that woman who favor FWB relationships lack some fundamental qualities of a nice girl.
Not all women want marriage and babies and not all men wat sex

Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Some just don't. To some, sex is nothing special. It's an activity to do with someone you find attractive. I mean some people can have sex with someone they don't even like, or aren't attracted to, as the person doesn't matter, the sex does.

It's no big mystery. Some can have casual sex and be fine, others can't. And really what helps some is they don't start up casual sex relationships with people they already like. A mistake some women make is they do FWB or FB relations with guys they already like in an attempt to be with him a little, and some hope the guy will come to love them, which doesn't happen lol in many cases. They think they can change a guy and win him over with their hot sex and being around them. And all is does it hurt them more when the guy gladly accepts the sex, but still wants no relationship.

So, if it's someone you like or have deep feelings for, in terms of a relationship and they tell you they don't want anything serious, move on. Because you'll end up even more attached and they may not.
That's fair. I put way too much value on sex for this. I literally can't comprehend the idea of sex just being casual. Part of me really wishes I could be more lax about it for my own mental well being but I guess I just have to be very careful with who I get involved with.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I think chicks that meet guys they don't know and offer up their virginity are not being logical.

See how that works?

I don't think we can fault other humans for being human. A woman who doesn't feel like she wants a relationship and is honest about this is a nice girl.

A guy who is honest about it is a nice guy.

People who mislead others? Not so nice.

There's nothing wrong with having a sex drive.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
That's fair. I put way too much value on sex for this. I literally can't comprehend the idea of sex just being casual. Part of me really wishes I could be more lax about it for my own mental well being but I guess I just have to be very careful with who I get involved with.
There's nothing at all wrong with only wanting sex within the confines of a mutually exclusive, loving relationship. It's one of the motivations behind marriage and other exclusive long-term relationships.

If that's what you prefer, you should seek it.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn
I was attempting to illustrate a point. There's nothing at all wrong with you.

You fell for a guy who told you he couldn't be what you wanted.

He really was honest with you, but if he knew you wanted more, he shouldn't have had sex with you.

I think he's a jerk for that. Especially with you having been a virgin.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Don't let that bad experience jade you. Just learn from it and move on.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I was attempting to illustrate a point. There's nothing at all wrong with you.

You fell for a guy who told you he couldn't be what you wanted.

He really was honest with you, but if he knew you wanted more, he shouldn't have had sex with you.

I think he's a jerk for that. Especially with you having been a virgin.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Don't let that bad experience jade you. Just learn from it and move on.
Aw, thank you. I've come a long way since our breakup. I realize that he was honest from the beginning and that I was the one who tried to change him. I also came to understand that the 'relationship', regardless of his motives, was completely unrealistic anyway due to distance and that I can do much better. We've actually decided to remain friends. (just friends)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships