Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 08:47 PM

34 posts, read 36,485 times

Advertisements

so this girl i'm really into was talking to me. i asked what she'd doing tomorrow night and she said she has a "dinner date"

ok what does that mean? is it a date with a guy or could it be shes meeting a friend for dinner

like they made plans a few weeks ago and its just called a dinner date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 08:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I would think she has a date to go out to dinner.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:55 PM

41 posts, read 32,180 times
It could be either one. If you wanted further detail you could've jokingly said "oh, who's the lucky guy?" Or if you feel confident you could've also asked. I myself cannot tell you whether she's meeting a girlfriend or a guy she just met. But, I'll honestly tell you that it may very well be a guy.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
She has dinner plans. She doesn't want to be more specific.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:51 PM

34 posts, read 36,485 times
i do sort of recal her saying dinner date before. maybe im overreactijg

Old 03-16-2015, 10:02 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasn88cubs View Post
i do sort of recal her saying dinner date before. maybe im overreactijg
Yep.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:08 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,786 times
Obvious it's another guy she's talking to. I could be wrong but why not ask in a "playful" way. "WHAAAAT? Dinner DATE? You 2 x timing me already? "

If she laughs and says it's her gay friend then she was just trying to keep you guessing. If it really is another contender then she might get snarky and say you two aren't together or something.

Bow out tell her you were jk and ask her where she's going to eat while in the back of your head you decide if you still want to pursue or not.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:31 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Obvious it's another guy she's talking to. I could be wrong but why not ask in a "playful" way. "WHAAAAT? Dinner DATE? You 2 x timing me already? "

If she laughs and says it's her gay friend then she was just trying to keep you guessing. If it really is another contender then she might get snarky and say you two aren't together or something.

Bow out tell her you were jk and ask her where she's going to eat while in the back of your head you decide if you still want to pursue or not.
Do not say that any of that to her.

Just because the OP is "really into" her means nothing. They're not dating, and shocker, she isn't sitting home alone all the time. She's not doing anything wrong here that she owes him any explanation for, so it's best he not put her on the defensive if he'd like to be the one to go in a date with her.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:34 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post

Not obvious at all, I say that when I have plans to meet my Mother on a specific date for dinner, hence the reason it is referred to as a "Dinner Date".
It could be with another man but it could be with her Mother, Father, Brother, Uncle, 3rd grade teacher, old college roommate, the homeless guy from down the street.

Nothing is obvious and anyone here would only be making an ill informed assumption as to what she specifically means.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
It means she's unavailable to you tomorrow night. So you should have asked about an alternate date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships