U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:50 AM

376 posts, read 248,472 times

Advertisements

He wanted to get married and you dumped him.

Now you're upset that he did what he wanted to do?

I guess I'll never understand women, not that I really care to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:54 AM

7,552 posts, read 4,816,285 times
I don't understand why you'd be upset.

Especially since you have been doing nothing but bragging about your fiance.

Nobody is gonna stay stuck on you forever.

Deal with it.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:56 AM

15,289 posts, read 17,697,146 times
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.....

Old 03-19-2015, 12:01 PM

13,675 posts, read 13,496,882 times
I freaked out when my "favorite" ex-bf got married after our relationship, but only because the new woman exhibited all the traits of a sociopath and I feared for his son. And sure enough, she was INSANE. A few dead pets, a traumatized son and quickie divorce later, he emailed me after to apologize for not heeding my warnings.

But I checked out his facebook a couple years ago. He was engaged to be married yet again. She looks an awful lot like I did when I was dating him, dresses in jeans and t-shirts like me, and appears to have similar interests. He could do worse

I feel relieved that he seems to have a stable and happy relationship - I always worried about what would happen to him. I'm happy in my life now (I wasn't back then) and I wish the same for him.

I suspect if you're crying over the ex you dumped getting married, you've got something lacking in your own life. You might want to figure out what it is.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:05 PM

914 posts, read 586,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
My cousin showed me a picture of my ex with a girl in a wedding dress holding hands. They looked really happy. Idk but it bothered me. This ex proposed to me before but I turned him down and broke up with him. He always have a special place in my heart. He treated me really well when we were together.

After a long time, maybe 6 years he has finally moved on. Thats why I havent heard from him in the last two years. Now, I remember the good times we had and it makes me want to cry..

Anybody has had this experience? Thanks.
So if he never would have moved on, went nuts and turned into a psycho stalker you'd feel much better, huh?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:13 PM

7,777 posts, read 4,976,121 times
After my divorce, my ex and I would meet monthly or semi-monthly, in a social/conciliatory mien. We'd go to coffee shops and occasionally have lunch. I'd piddle around with her car, look over her resume (she was applying for jobs), and indulge in minor and innocent intimacies with her. We had an understanding: as she was on a quest to find a new man, who'd give her the child that she came to crave, she would have 2 years after the divorce to pursue her quest. If after two years she failed, we'd reunite. I also remained in close email contact with my former mother-in-law, who was advocating our reconciliation. Such meetings continued for the better part of a year. Then one day she rejected my kiss, with a countenance of apology and confusion. She met a man, and things were getting serious. In a matter of months, she was married. The ex-mother-in-law sent me a cryptic e-mail, wishing me farewell. Some number of months later, my ex gave birth to a daughter. She and her new husband bought a house. The daughter is now a toddler.

Until the harshness of news that my ex met somebody else, I entertained the fond notion that reconciliation was not only possible, but almost inevitable. Inevitability, as it turned out, swung into the opposite direction.

Pining for an ex, or regret and disaffection with her/his subsequent relationship-success, is certainly indicative of incompleteness in one's own psyche; or more bluntly, it's "failure to move on". May we all speedily overcome that.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:14 PM

13,740 posts, read 12,639,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ha! Sorry you're deprived of the giggle that goes along with, "OMG, what on earth? THAT'S who he's with? He puts his peen in THAT? Talk about settling!" Then again, maybe he married a wealthy super-model who funds orphanages and works in animal shelters in her spare time. Maybe you don't want to know!
I'm also curious to see what he looks like at 30 vs. 24, but oh well. I'm not hung up on him. I never was. I'm just nosy!

Old 03-19-2015, 01:15 PM

4,485 posts, read 3,132,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
After my divorce, my ex and I would meet monthly or semi-monthly, in a social/conciliatory mien. We'd go to coffee shops and occasionally have lunch. I'd piddle around with her car, look over her resume (she was applying for jobs), and indulge in minor and innocent intimacies with her. We had an understanding: as she was on a quest to find a new man, who'd give her the child that she came to crave, she would have 2 years after the divorce to pursue her quest. If after two years she failed, we'd reunite. I also remained in close email contact with my former mother-in-law, who was advocating our reconciliation. Such meetings continued for the better part of a year. Then one day she rejected my kiss, with a countenance of apology and confusion. She met a man, and things were getting serious. In a matter of months, she was married. The ex-mother-in-law sent me a cryptic e-mail, wishing me farewell. Some number of months later, my ex gave birth to a daughter. She and her new husband bought a house. The daughter is now a toddler.

Until the harshness of news that my ex met somebody else, I entertained the fond notion that reconciliation was not only possible, but almost inevitable. Inevitability, as it turned out, swung into the opposite direction.

Pining for an ex, or regret and disaffection with her/his subsequent relationship-success, is certainly indicative of incompleteness in one's own psyche; or more bluntly, it's "failure to move on". May we all speedily overcome that.
I went down a similar road, but with the idea of a reconciliation of a relationship after a breakup. I knew she was dating a guy, but it wasn't official yet. One night after we had hooked up, she said that she can no longer continue sleeping with me. She felt that things were leaning towards seriousness with her guy and she felt that she was being selfish. If the shoe was on the other foot, she wouldn't have liked him hooking up with ex-girlfriends. That was the last time we hooked up with each other and communication fell off a cliff. She just married that man this past weekend.

One thing that I've learned about women, is they can multitask much better than men can, and in some cases physically and emotionally. I was truly under the impression that we had a chance at getting back together, but when she delivered that blow, I knew she was on the hook emotionally with him. She ended contact and we've only answered a question one of us had via text message once or twice. We are very cordial with each other, but I also know my place in regards to her relationship.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:16 PM

432 posts, read 287,293 times
Quote:
My cousin showed me a picture of my ex with a girl in a wedding dress holding hands. They looked really happy. Idk but it bothered me. This ex proposed to me before but I turned him down and broke up with him. He always have a special place in my heart. He treated me really well when we were together.

After a long time, maybe 6 years he has finally moved on. Thats why I havent heard from him in the last two years. Now, I remember the good times we had and it makes me want to cry..

He's happy without you? Good for him. You most likely just miss the attention that he constantly showered you in, not actually HIM himself.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:42 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,709,028 times
Quote:

I heard an ex bf of four years was getting married, but I only heard that rumor once, so....maybe, they're not. I find it rather interesting, this apparently sudden wild urge of his to marry and he has spent the last 52 years of his life claiming he wanted a wife and a family and then running away when a relationship brought him to the point of near inevitability for it. But then, this is what happens when a flaming Mama's Boy goes out into the world and tries to pass himself off as a normal, well adjusted man.

He has dated bunches of girls and he had dumped most of them, a few dumped him...classic "stringer" who can't close the deal, I guess. I know the girl, I went to school with her. She's been around the block...nine or ten times, actually. Three husbands and a bunch of boyfriends. I guess they're both tired of relationship hopping...finally. And, she is the type who will chase a man down and just about force him to become interested in her. I don't know what it is about being a member of a couple that makes some women turn into desperate nit-wits, who can't see anything but the man they're chasing. I suppose a little pride, self-respect or backbone is a completely unknown concept to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships