U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 AM

290 posts, read 449,235 times

Advertisements

My cousin showed me a picture of my ex with a girl in a wedding dress holding hands. They looked really happy. Idk but it bothered me. This ex proposed to me before but I turned him down and broke up with him. He always have a special place in my heart. He treated me really well when we were together.

After a long time, maybe 6 years he has finally moved on. Thats why I havent heard from him in the last two years. Now, I remember the good times we had and it makes me want to cry..

Anybody has had this experience? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 10:42 AM

12,540 posts, read 12,522,988 times
My ex-SO, whom I was with for 7 years, started dating someone just a couple of months after our relationship ended, and after less than a year of knowing each other, they are getting married. It's all very rush-rush, so money is on her being pregnant.

And this, from a man who said long before we even started dating that he didn't see himself married (that's one reason I was okay with dating him--I avoid the wife-shoppers) and all the while said he didn't like or want children. "They give me a headache," were his exact words.

If it wasn't such a transparent attempt by him to secure a victim as a narcissistic supply, and perhaps her trying to trap him (which I warned him about because, yes, I'll go here, she's nowhere near him in league, he's a civil servant with a house and a pension, and her clock is ticking), I might be upset. But I see it as the desperation on both their parts that it is. She has no idea what she's getting into with him, but in two or three years, she'll learn. Oh, she'll learn.

Idiots, both. And good luck to them both, because they're going to need it!

P.S. My ex-husband is remarried. I wish him nothing but good stuff, because he's a good man. I suggest that you allow yourself to feel a little pang, but don't devote too much time to this. Time has a way of making things seem better than they were, but there are reasons you two broke up. Try to remember them.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,214,581 times
You have a bf/fiance that you love. Why are you sad about this and why is your cousin showing you pics of your ex?

Old 03-19-2015, 10:55 AM

13,758 posts, read 12,718,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
My cousin showed me a picture of my ex with a girl in a wedding dress holding hands. They looked really happy. Idk but it bothered me. This ex proposed to me before but I turned him down and broke up with him. He always have a special place in my heart. He treated me really well when we were together.

After a long time, maybe 6 years he has finally moved on. Thats why I havent heard from him in the last two years. Now, I remember the good times we had and it makes me want to cry..

Anybody has had this experience? Thanks.
Yeah, I was bummed when I found out that my ex had gotten married just because I didn't want him to get married before I did. lol I still don't know what his wife looks like either. Damn him and his lack of an Internet presence!

Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM

12,540 posts, read 12,522,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You have a bf/fiance that you love. Why are you sad about this and why is your cousin showing you pics of your ex?
Cousin may think that because OP has BF/fiance and because the relationship with the other guy is long over, that the OP would be okay with it--which would be a perfectly reasonable assumption given that the OP hasn't even heard from the ex in 2 years.

But it's perfectly normal to be a little wistful when someone you once loved marries someone else, especially if your relationship with the person was essentially a good one and the break-up was only a matter of two people just not being in the same place or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, I was bummed when I found out that my ex had gotten married just because I didn't want him to get married before I did. lol I still don't know what his wife looks like either. Damn him and his lack of an Internet presence!
Ha! Sorry you're deprived of the giggle that goes along with, "OMG, what on earth? THAT'S who he's with? He puts his peen in THAT? Talk about settling!" Then again, maybe he married a wealthy super-model who funds orphanages and works in animal shelters in her spare time. Maybe you don't want to know!

Old 03-19-2015, 11:12 AM

2,792 posts, read 2,283,262 times
No, because when I break up with someone, I make sure all feelings are dried up so I won't have any regrets. And the ones who break up with me, their loss.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:14 AM

40,448 posts, read 39,973,507 times
Harsh advice coming, buckle up.

Suck it up sister, you dumped him, he pined for you, and then he moved on.

That's the way of the dice.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:20 AM

8,565 posts, read 7,137,396 times
Never experienced this.

I have always been happy for them for finding someone. I have never had a break up with left over desires or romantic feelings though.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 AM

254 posts, read 560,209 times
I wasn't sad when I found out my ex-husband remarried, I was angry that he was able to move on and have a happy life after he was so horrible to me. I've never been with someone who made me feel like the most undesirable, useless, POS until I was married to him. It was a good thing that things ended, but I do not and will never forgive him for what he did. Hence, still angry he was able to move on and have a happy life.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM

34,592 posts, read 28,962,017 times
I wish my ex husband WOULD remarry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships