Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:00 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,093,014 times

Advertisements

Threesome are one thing when it's between friends with benefits or people casually dating but more complicated when within a relationship. I hear people talk about how important communication and rules are before doing anything.

I was just curious anyone who has experiences with threesome preferably within a marriage or relationship and not just a hookup.

Curious any advice as far as what are some good rules to have going in?

Should you discuss the reason you want the threesome?

basically just curious any suggestions for things to discuss or questions to answer before diving in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:12 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,132,957 times
Who gets to do the laundry when this is all over.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
Discuss boundaries
Protection for specific activities
Disclosure of STD tests

Do this not the time of the 3some, but before, as a screening

And don't do it , generally, within a relationship (this is FB or FWB territory for emotional reasons), this is just my opinion on my very limited experiences

Old 03-20-2015, 11:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
Discuss how it's going to damage your relationship, because it most likely will.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:06 AM

75 posts, read 89,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Discuss boundaries
Protection for specific activities
Disclosure of STD tests

Do this not the time of the 3some, but before, as a screening

And don't do it , generally, within a relationship (this is FB or FWB territory for emotional reasons), this is just my opinion on my very limited experiences
I agree with this. I'm in a relationship right now. As a guy I'm supposed to love the idea of two women at once but I honestly just don't want another woman, even if mine is involved.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:25 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,190,881 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEm67OiOx8

...and then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_vRHKI

Couldn't resist. If you haven't seen that episode, his intention was just to dump his girlfriend and date her roommate, but it didn't work out. Anyway, I think it plays on the notion that a threesome is one of those things that, when in a relationship, no matter how much you plan for it and discuss it beforehand, you can't anticipate what may happen either in discussing it, or what may happen afterward.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:46 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,934,187 times
Who's gonna top or bottom.

Lol...

Old 03-21-2015, 04:00 AM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Discuss how it's going to damage your relationship, because it most likely will.
Jep....

This sort of thing only works out with people that are marginally involved with each other.......

Old 03-21-2015, 06:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
There are a few of us on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Should you discuss the reason you want the threesome?
This is a good place to start. Also (these are all rhetorical), do you want to seek one out, or do you just want to talk about it in case there's an opportunity someday? Is the other person male or female?

Something that is important to remember is that the third person is not a toy or robot, but someone with feelings and his or her own motives and life outside your play time. You may have your cozy relationship with your sweetheart, and the other person can feel like a third wheel. Don't use people. Be mindful of their feelings. Do not mess with people who have a crush on you or who are in a fragile place. Our friends are usually long-term couples for this reason. Everybody has somebody to love.

You need to talk about jealousy and really ponder how the experience will affect you. And you still won't really know. It's not like a fantasy where your imagination dictates what happens and how everyone reacts. We know several people in the lifestyle, and often the women get to pick the third.

As far as rules go, I'd say that anyone can veto the thing at any time with no hard feelings. Don't do things that would upset your sweetheart (discuss). Don't damage your primary relationship. Be honest with one another.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:53 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,133 times
Nothing to discuss for me because I would not go near this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships