U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:42 PM

40,224 posts, read 39,767,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
drugs, heavy metal, and sensory deprivation bondage
Heavy metal I can do, I crank metal everyday anyway so that's a non-issue. Drugs and the other stuff, not so much....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM

35,325 posts, read 25,005,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Heavy metal I can do, I crank metal everyday anyway so that's a non-issue. Drugs and the other stuff, not so much....
Hey, not my scene (anymore), but I'm cool with sex and alcohol

Old 03-21-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Sex, alcohol and metal sounds like a good time......

Old 03-21-2015, 10:40 PM

7,553 posts, read 4,818,864 times
I'm not a big drinker either and I don't smoke.

The only things I like to drink are margaritas and wine coolers. I've been described a goody two shoes and a saint but I don't do those things because I don't like it like a lot of people do. It's best to find people who share the same interests as you.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:41 PM

31,350 posts, read 19,773,299 times
Quote:
Count me in! Each to our respective SO's I mean.....

have to go look up sensory deprivation bondage.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-21-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm not a big drinker either and I don't smoke.

The only things I like to drink are margaritas and wine coolers. I've been described a goody two shoes and a saint but I don't do those things because I don't like it like a lot of people do. It's best to find people who share the same interests as you.

There are a lot of people out there that aren't into booze..... a lot of people just have the occasional drink, like you mentioned a couple of wine coolers or a margarita or two.

Most people aren't problem drinkers, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

As far as being goody two shoes... IDK... I don't think not drinking doesn't make you a "goody two shoes"... I say this a guy who like his wine... so like I said, whatever works for each person.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:53 PM

7,553 posts, read 4,818,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There are a lot of people out there that aren't into booze..... a lot of people just have the occasional drink, like you mentioned a couple of wine coolers or a margarita or two.

Most people aren't problem drinkers, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

As far as being goody two shoes... IDK... I don't think not drinking doesn't make you a "goody two shoes"... I say this a guy who like his wine... so like I said, whatever works for each person.
I agree.

I believe some people have a habit of putting others on a pedastal if they don't feel totally comfortable with their choices or when they feel like someone may be trying to seem better than they are. It's just another way of keeping things socially "segragated" in a sense. I know people who enjoy the clubbing scene and love alcohol, I'm the total opposite. I don't judge them for it but they love calling me a weirdo or a goody two shoes.

It's really annoying. I've had a few folks make snarky comments like "oh she thinks she's too good to do such and such," blah, blah, blah. It kills me to hear such ignorance.

-_-

Old 03-21-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I agree.

I believe some people have a habit of putting others on a pedastal if they don't feel totally comfortable with their choices or when they feel like someone may be trying to seem better than they are. It's just another way of keeping things socially "segragated" in a sense. I know people who enjoy the clubbing scene and love alcohol, I'm the total opposite. I don't judge them for it but they love calling me a weirdo or a goody two shoes.

It's really annoying. I've had a few folks make snarky comments like "oh she thinks she's too good to do such and such," blah, blah, blah. It kills me to hear such ignorance.

-_-

Well, I've told you before that you're a smart young lady, just follow your instincts and you should be ok.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 AM

4,562 posts, read 3,771,219 times
Quote:
I agree.

-_-
Just ignore them. If you're a goody goody, hell knows what I am. I don't drink at all. I had some tastes, given by my parents here and there.

My mother had some wine earlier, and she tried to get me to drink, asking I just try it. But it was too bitter. Smelled like beer, and tasted just as bad. I tried, even if very little wine and beer. And none of it was good. My parents let me try it when I was younger, and laughed because I hated it, and it burned my mouth.

Some stuff you just have no interest in. I could probably like a sweet wine. But it's not something I give thought to. Smoking - Free country if people want to smoke fine. Only complaint I have is if they're inconsiderate with it . But I am not interested in it myself, or dating someone who's a smoker. Not because they're bad people, but smoking aggravates my eyes and makes breathing harder. If someone around me is smoking, I usually have to leave.

Usually when people do something that someone else shows lack of interest in, they get offended, thinking you look down on them because they want to do it, or participate, etc. Many people can just be very defensive without reason. If someone has outright insulted or made a back-handed comment toward your likes, then no need for anger that they aren't interested.

Like my cousin, who can be very snotty. I like anime. To her, she's stated it's childish for anyone over 16 to watch anything animated. But she's also very vocal about "hating" gay people as well, stating she wouldn't claim her own sister if she found out she was gay. My cousin is someone I could see people being offended around because she can be very tactless with her beliefs and judgmental.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:24 AM

18,292 posts, read 23,424,169 times
men like it if a woman drinks,,after 2-4 drinks it levels the playing field,,,

she's smiles more, more flirty, lightens up,
sometimes many women just see red flags based on prior bad experiences, and this isn't fair for the present guy..

and sometimes a date for a lady is like walking thru a minefield,,,she thinks if she makes one wrong move, the end is near, or she over-analyses every word/step she says not to send a mixed message

but also,,,sometimes

if a guy doesn't drink,,,he;s immediately boring....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or