Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 02:35 PM

270 posts, read 282,635 times

Advertisements

I'm doing well on most days, but since my previous relationship ended (he was most likely a narcissist, or not a nice person at best), I am having periods of feeling really down on myself. Some of it may be related to the hormonal fluctuations of menopause. Yet, today is a day I can't pull myself up by the boot straps. I had a tough week at work (not related to my hormones, but just work), and was looking for some human companionship to balance the stress. I found none. Everyone is busy with their own lives. I'm still relatively new to the area, which is sort of a deadbeat place on its own, but the job is good.

I hate putting it out there because it sounds a bit juvenile, but being completely honest, it has me scratching my head why a scumbag like him is already with someone else (in this area of hard to find people), while I can't seem to be able to even get a date. Ok, I, too, fell for him, and I am disgusted with myself for having allowed him to do with me what he did. Don't suggest therapy, I have been there after this mess. Those who have been with a narcissist know that it's a game changer, and today, I am feeling it very much.

On most days, while alone, I am happy to pursue my hobbies, and keep busy. But the stress of the past week, being blown off by what I thought was a good friend, and the experience with the ex, really have set me back since yesterday. A coworker was diagnosed with cancer, and I realized that if it were me, I would have nobody to take of me, or my pet. My exH left me after almost 25 years together, cheating on me with a Thai woman. The exNarc was cheating on me. I feel lower than pond scum today, and my content alone-ness has turned into grueling loneliness. Has this really become the world of opportunists, cheaters, liars, and users? Have people stopped caring for each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 02:49 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
I'm sorry you're feeling that way.....

I don't want to sound corny or cliché but tomorrow is another day.... sometimes we just feel lower than normal, and sometimes all you have to do is sort of wait it out.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:56 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
I think life is easier if you're a jerk. You don't really care about anyone but yourself, therefore you have no trouble lying and using people. That sometimes makes us feel the injustice of things and stings, but at the end of the day we have to feel good about the people we are, even if we feel our life is not going well.

I'm sorry you are hurting and feeling lonely. Things will change, but it sucks right now. And you have us.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2015, 02:57 PM

Yeah, I keep telling myself that, and do chores around the house.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
Yeah, I keep telling myself that, and do chores around the house.
I would take "wallow" days. One day to not shower, wear whatever was comfortable, watch bad movies, drink wine, eat ice cream, whine about whatever, self pity.... after 24 hours suck it up and fake it til you make it.

I know it's all trite, but there is some wisdom in cliches.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think life is easier if you're a jerk. You don't really care about anyone but yourself, therefore you have no trouble lying and using people. That sometimes makes us feel the injustice of things and stings, but at the end of the day we have to feel good about the people we are, even if we feel our life is not going well.

I'm sorry you are hurting and feeling lonely. Things will change, but it sucks right now. And you have us.
Agreed. Having less of a conscience almost seems like a good thing, as far as quality of life is concerned. It's just not who I am, but taking the high road sure takes its toll.

Wednesday, I was really happy, realizing how engaged I have become again in my hobbies, how much I enjoy them, regardless if there was someone in my life or not. I was proud of my progress, and had hoped that I'd have left the neediness of the past behind me. Truth is, I never had a good relationship, and would really like to enjoy one before the lights go out for good in me.

Thanks for the kind words! Both of you!

Old 03-21-2015, 03:07 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,825,685 times
Quote:
I'm doing well on most days, but since my previous relationship ended (he was most likely a narcissist, or not a nice person at best), I am having periods of feeling really down on myself. Some of it may be related to the hormonal fluctuations of menopause. Yet, today is a day I can't pull myself up by the boot straps. I had a tough week at work (not related to my hormones, but just work), and was looking for some human companionship to balance the stress. I found none. Everyone is busy with their own lives. I'm still relatively new to the area, which is sort of a deadbeat place on its own, but the job is good.

I hate putting it out there because it sounds a bit juvenile, but being completely honest, it has me scratching my head why a scumbag like him is already with someone else (in this area of hard to find people), while I can't seem to be able to even get a date. Ok, I, too, fell for him, and I am disgusted with myself for having allowed him to do with me what he did. Don't suggest therapy, I have been there after this mess. Those who have been with a narcissist know that it's a game changer, and today, I am feeling it very much.

On most days, while alone, I am happy to pursue my hobbies, and keep busy. But the stress of the past week, being blown off by what I thought was a good friend, and the experience with the ex, really have set me back since yesterday. A coworker was diagnosed with cancer, and I realized that if it were me, I would have nobody to take of me, or my pet. My exH left me after almost 25 years together, cheating on me with a Thai woman. The exNarc was cheating on me. I feel lower than pond scum today, and my content alone-ness has turned into grueling loneliness. Has this really become the world of opportunists, cheaters, liars, and users? Have people stopped caring for each other?
I'm sorry that you are feeling blue. It happens. Instead of doing chores, why not do something that brings you joy? Do something that will generate some endorphins, like a long walk/run outside. That always helps me.

I wish you well.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:12 PM

I'll skip the bad eating part, because at my age, that makes me feel bad in its own right. Cleaning helps, as I will feel some sense of accomplishment afterwards. Did some retail therapy online for curtains a while ago. And now it's snowing again, also exciting.

I might hit the slopes tomorrow. It never fails to make me feel better.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:15 PM

Cleaning always made me feel better too. A clean house made my messy emotions feels a little better.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
YAZ

7,701 posts, read 14,049,879 times
Quote:

I might hit the slopes tomorrow. It never fails to make me feel better.
That right there should do it.

Listen, your life is different.....but it's still good. And maybe it will get a whole lot better.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships