Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever cheated on your significant other?
Yes 27 23.89%
No 86 76.11%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:39 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,133,931 times

Advertisements

I've never, ever cheated on anyone.
Especially the guy I was married to.
I have zero respect for cheaters, whether they're married or in a LTR....
There are no excuses.

Btw these days it seems harder than ever for people to be faithful to one person.
Why bother misrepresenting yourself to the opposite sex?
Just be upfront & tell any potential lovers that you're incapable of being in a one on one relationship.
Makes it much easier on everyone involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 11:47 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,186,470 times
It's normal to get restless, and wonder "What if..." when you face temptation or get some attention from the opposite sex. But, it comes down to remembering who you have at home, and deciding if it's worth destroying that trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.man View Post
No, but I'll be completely honest in that I understand the appeal.

I love my girlfriend and see myself with her for the rest of my life, but I admit I was a bit scared that she could be the last woman I ever sleep with. My girlfriend is very beautiful, but there are other women out there who, simply on an aesthetic level, fit certain fantasies better. She's still very much worth being exclusive to.

I can see how it's easy to disassociate simple, raw sex from anything else emotionally, and as such, one could think, "what she doesn't know doesn't hurt her," which, STDs aside, is true.

Not trying to justify anything... just musing.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:23 PM

20,685 posts, read 19,810,445 times
Yes, I have cheated. I was with a guy (not married) and we lived together. He was a heroin addict and either too high or too sober and cranky for sex and we did it once a year. So I cheated on him with during the course of 8 years. He never found out and I never told him.

Not proud of it and wouldn't do it again.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:21 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,606,007 times
Never cheated, never will. If you have the ____ to cheat you should have the _____ to tell them you are done.

Every cheater has an excuse, but it's still cheating. Worse when it destroys a kids view of their mother/father. Kids are the ones who hurt the most.

Does anyone remember the "Golden Rule"?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:31 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,322,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yes, I have cheated. I was with a guy (not married) and we lived together. He was a heroin addict and either too high or too sober and cranky for sex and we did it once a year. So I cheated on him with during the course of 8 years. He never found out and I never told him.

Not proud of it and wouldn't do it again.
Gotta ask. Wouldn't cheat or wouldn't spend 8 years with a heroin addict?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,268,242 times
I have never cheated and if you have cheated, I think you're disrespectful scum. No excuse for cheating.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Gotta ask. Wouldn't cheat or wouldn't spend 8 years with a heroin addict?

Both. Should have left after 3 months when he got high for the first time while we were together. He was sober for 2 years when we met. He threatened suicide every time I wanted to leave.

But of course he is still alive today.

Last edited by oh-eve; 03-24-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM

9,001 posts, read 10,133,931 times
Gosh..... All I see are a lot of excuses here.....

Old 03-24-2015, 05:06 PM

What do you want to hear? I said I wouldn't do it again.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 PM

And actually, I think that at least 1/3 of the city data users have cheated but they either don't speak up in this thread or they lie.

Infidelity Statistics | Statistic Brain

Marriage Infidelity StatisticsData
Percent of marriages where one or both spouses admit to infidelity, either physical or emotional41 %
Percent of men who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had57 %
Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had54 %
Percent of married men who have strayed at least once during their married lives22 %
Percent of married women who have strayed at least once during their married lives14 %
Percentage of men and women who admit to having an affair with a co-worker36 %
Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity on business trips35%
Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity with a brother-in-law or sister-in-law17 %
Average length of an affair2 years
Percentage of marriages that last after an affair has been admitted to or discovered31 %
Percentage of men who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught74 %
Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught68 %
Percent of children who are the product of infidelity3 %
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships