Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:29 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

You can spoil somebody without spending money. Attention and love is better than $100 worth of flowers.

Define cheap:

Eating out and trying to find a hair in the meal so you don't have to pay for it? Unacceptable.
Not eating out in expensive restaurants because "the food is overpriced?" sounds good.

I love when a guy tells me how and where he saves money and gets special deals or buys used items.

Impresses me much more as a guy who has tons of stuff but CC debt.

Smart: cheap lifestyle and buying a house or having a big savings account.
Not smart: Designer clothes, knows all the expensive restaurants, cool cars, but no money left at the end of the month and lives in run down rental place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times
The more you spread the cash around, the better time you'll have.

The more you spread the cash around, the less you'll have (if any)
for tomorrow. Payday is so far away.

Fool. Gold. Parted.

Pick your prey, wisely.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:22 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
I wouldn't date a cheap man. Perhaps I'm different from other women in that I do like a man that has no problem spending money on me even if it crosses into the spoiled territory. If a man is too broke to spend money on dates and on events then I'm not the one he should be dating. And this is not to be confused with providing lavish gifts or thousands of dollars. But no I'm not interested in going to Fridays or apple bees or any other cheap chain restaurant. Honestly I haven't dated a guy that was interested in going out to a restaurant or date event that one would consider cheap. I think I tend to favor men that are like my dad and tend to have a taste for fine dining and going to concerts, events etc that cost a decent amount to attend.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:55 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
I don't date cheap skates or anyone with horrible financial situations for that matter.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:13 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
A guy who was unnecessarily cheap with everyday things would irk me.

stealing toilet paper from public restrooms....no.

Using coupons at restaurants...yes.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I'm not necessarily cheap. But I know to live within my means. I can pay for dates but if I can't afford something, I'll let her know.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
When he is so cheap that he ask you to split a meal.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
When I say cheap I mean someone who doesn't have little to no money or doesn't like paying up or spoiling you.
Regardless of who it is, what has been your opinion and experience on dating someone who is cheap?
I think it makes a lot of difference if it's the guy or the girl who is cheap.

Cheap guy = disaster that the gal will probably not put up with. It ain't fair, but a guy's attractiveness is at least to some degree bound up with his ability to be a provider, even for a gal who is wealthy. That said, a cheap guy could cook a meal at home for his date, which need not cost much to be good. And/or provide other low cost but high value experiences. But they have to be high-value experiences.

Cheap gal = no problemo, although, if it was me, a gal who wanted to go to McDonald's rather than a decent non-chain restaurant, or even a smorgy, I would consider too cheap.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
The more you spread the cash around, the better time you'll have.

The more you spread the cash around, the less you'll have (if any)
for tomorrow. Payday is so far away.

Fool. Gold. Parted.

Pick your prey, wisely.

nice post. glad someone used some philosophy to help respond.

for several decades now men have been socially conditioned to do the courtship dance that involves paying for everything. along the way, however, women have progressed in education, career and mating options, yet many still hold on to the "spend money on me for the pleasure of taking me out" approach.

don't spend money to impress or woo a woman, you only do yourself a disservice. i'm not advocating going dutch on everything, just don't be a free ride... make them earn it. women don't respect men who give away their resources; it's an indication that the man feels a need to buy the company and attention of a woman cuz he has no other option --guy is just setting himself up for gold diggers or women looking for a financial life-line.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
I don't care about the cost of any gift given to me, I'm only concerned that the individual is at least thinking about me enough to make a thoughtful gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships