Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 AM

4,542 posts, read 5,366,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
How important is cooking and staying physically active to you in a partner?
Cooking? Not important at all. If she is in to eating healthy and cares about the quality of food she eats, this is good. But if all she's about is cooking, posting recipes on her FB page, and following chefs then nope, she's not a keeper. I take care of my own eating/nutritional intake so cooking is way down on the list if important things I look for in a partner.

Physically active? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. I am physically active. I know the importance on health and well being to be physically active so this has always been an important "must-have" factor in potential partners. Someone who likes yoga, tennis, running, hiking, going to the gym, martial arts, etc.

I am just not a fan of women who live for food (unless its super healthy food). They usually are just heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, overweight, diabetics in training. Not what I want in a potential partner at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 10:15 AM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Very important! A man that can't (or won't) even cook a fresh & healthy meal for himself is a huge turn-off. If he's lazy in the kitchen, he's probably lazy about his health + fitness. That may be fine for younger people, but not @ 30 or 40+ !

Old 03-24-2015, 10:18 AM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Simple question. Title.
Cooking? You mean, as in can the prospective partner cook? I guess that isn't that important to me, as my SO can't cook a damn thing. Yeah I wish he could, or at least had SOME interest in trying. But he doesn't. He would just as soon eat a bowl of cereal for dinner every night, if he had nothing to heat up in the microwave. Kind of ridiculous, but that's how he is. Okay, he can cook up a piece of fish in the oven, or grill a burger or steak, but that's his limit.

Staying active? It's right up there at the top.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:18 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Very important! A man that can't (or won't) even cook a fresh & healthy meal for himself is a huge turn-off. If he's lazy in the kitchen, he's probably lazy about his health + fitness. That may be fine for younger people, but not @ 30 or 40+ !

I don't know. I really don't cook much. But I watch what I eat and am at the gym 6x a week doing weights and cardio. Cooking just never interested me.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Totally not true. My fella is a perfect example. He is maniacal about staying fit, and he DOES eat healthy - he just has no interest in cooking it himself.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Oh, and I don't mean I eat out. I don't often (well, unless I'm dating), but I just don't prepare much as far as meals.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:35 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,569,015 times
Cooking isn't important to me and neither is physical activity as long as they don't appear to be out of shape or unhealthy.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:39 AM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Totally not true. My fella is a perfect example. He is maniacal about staying fit, and he DOES eat healthy - he just has no interest in cooking it himself.
I get that, but you're in a relationship lol. I'm talking about a prospective single man that can feed himself without microwaving a burrito or already having a woman at home do it for him!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:19 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,717,319 times
Quote:
Simple question. Title.
I'm a woman. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being "crucial" it's only a 3 or a 4. Quite alright if a man doesn't cook much...I quite enjoy cooking.

On staying physically active, on a scale of 1 to 10, that would be more like a 8 or a 9 for me. I can't date a couch potato, because he would probably pull me back down into my couch potato habits from long ago in a galaxy far away.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I get that, but you're in a relationship lol. I'm talking about a prospective single man that can feed himself without microwaving a burrito or already having a woman at home do it for him!
Actually he ate the same before I met him. We don't live together, and during the week, he either eats raisin bran, or heats something up. Or his mom makes something and he eats with her (she lives nearby). That's not changed at all. He simply has no interest in cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships