Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Would it be a dealbreaker if you were with someone that wouldn't participate in your activities or you eventually realized that your lifestyles in that respect were not the same? Say that person was trying too but perhaps not trying enough for what you want.
Well if our lifestyles conflict, then that really is a no-go I would think. As far as the other person participating in my activities, no - that would not be a dealbreaker. I like to run, and I'm a bit of a gym rat. And honestly I prefer to do those activities solo, so as long as my guy has his own exercise program - that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 05:49 PM

52 posts, read 30,082 times
I wouldn't consider culinary ability to be that vital, as I'm a fairly good cook myself.

As regards physical activity, there are admittedly worse traits than an addiction to physical fitness, but not many. I'm 6 feet tall, and slim, but would find it purgatory to be stuck with a health and fitness nut.

As in so many things, there is no right and wrong. Purely a matter of compatability.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I love to cook, so it's important that my spouse be open to various types of foods, and eat healthy. Physically active is important, it makes you feel and look good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-24-2015, 06:58 PM

513 posts, read 429,049 times
Cooking is part of survival (don't like to order out or go to restaurants. Too much money being spent and I like home cooked meals). A guy should at least know how to toast bread, lol. Since I'm skinny, it would be nice to be with a skinny person.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
physical activity, workouts together good

cooking well, you can bump heads in the kitchen...some dont like their partner getting in the way

Old 03-24-2015, 07:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Decently active and doesn't matter if he can cook.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
I try to eat healthy and stay physically active. The last thing I want is a partner would be a bad influence and always want to eat junk or stay at home in front of the TV. I don't need a partner who's a good cook or one who cooks for me, just one who's willing to cook healthy meals instead of getting takeout or eating stuff you throw in a microwave.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:01 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
My husband said wanting a good cook was never a consideration, and now it would be.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
IMHO the two are not remotely related. Cooking and eating healthy do not have to go hand in hand. I know plenty of guys who eat well, sort of a raw veggie caveman approach. Eating healthy, I care about. Cooking? If he doesn't cook, that is fine. I can cook, he can do the dishes.

Physically active? Very important. I don't care if he plays sports, but he should enjoy some form of activity to keep fit. One that we could do together, like biking/hiking/yoga is cool also.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:11 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
If a woman cooks great. Not an end all. If a lady keeps themselves physically, to me it tells me they are taking care of themselves mentally. the inner expressed by the external.

All a lady really has to do though is not let themselves go.. a rare breed it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships