U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:51 PM

9,937 posts, read 6,090,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It also depends on the woman's lifestyle. If she's out and about more often--she goes to nightclubs, she rides the bus, she walks down crowded city streets, she works in a customer service job, etc.--then she's more likely to get unwelcome attention because she deals with more people on a daily basis. A woman who's a homebody who drives her own car to work or works in a small office may never be harassed in her life.
I used to ride the bus a lot before I got my license. Whenever an attractive woman got on the bus, no guy said a word to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 05:55 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,901,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I used to ride the bus a lot before I got my license. Whenever an attractive woman got on the bus, no guy said a word to her.
Well, either you don't notice these things because you are not actually an attractive woman or you live in a very strange area.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, either you don't notice these things because you are not actually an attractive woman or you live in a very strange area.
Usually, I had my headphones on and just drift off. So yeah, I didn't really notice.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Usually, I had my headphones and just drift off. So yeah, I didn't really notice.
And the truth comes out… Out of curiosity - why did you post your other post?

Old 03-24-2015, 06:03 PM

5,876 posts, read 2,362,833 times
Does the OP suggest that just because a man appreciate a good looking women means harassment?..Believe me..THAT is not harassment..mainly because those women who even notice..smile to themselves..and most never even notice....

NOW IF you are talking about getting hit on with rude suggestions or raving cat calls ( which is embarrassing for them not JUST HER)..then sure...IF that particular women is grounded...THEN it runs off their backs..and tends to make her disgusted...

BTW..just a little secret..most Cat Calls are NOT done for the women's sake ( to get women's attention to the individual) but to gain points with their fellow ignorant womanizer types...So, Any women receiving such recognition..disregards.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
And the truth comes out… Out of curiosity - why did you post your other post?
Because sometimes I did notice. Some of these guys didn't say word to a woman when they boarded the bus. I guess they assumed they didn't want to be bothered.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM

10,058 posts, read 13,943,129 times
Not by me that's for sure.

Cat calling went out of style in high school was it even in vogue then

Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,010,856 times
Harassment is a tricky thing. I think that if a woman is physically attracted to a man and likes his charisma, she won't be inclined to view his words or actions as harassment except in the most egregious circumstances. A man she's not as drawn to...someone's attention that would be considered unwanted would produce a more negative response.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM

77,886 posts, read 69,839,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Harassment and near rape? Depends on your definition of harassment, and a big no to the near rape thing. Whistles, cat-calls or leering looks? Yeah, quite a bit. It's one of the draw-backs (perks?) of being female. Meaning appreciation is nice, someone looking at you like your a piece of meat, not so much.
Don't whistles, cat calls, and leers tend to be confined to certain parts of town, though? That stuff doesn't happen if you avoid certain areas, with the possible exception of unusually attractive women, maybe.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't whistles, cat calls, and leers tend to be confined to certain parts of town, though? That stuff doesn't happen if you avoid certain areas, with the possible exception of unusually attractive women, maybe.
Depends on where you live. In NYC, it can really happen anywhere. There are areas where it is less prevalent but it still happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or