Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 04:15 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,286,535 times

Advertisements

As low as 21? Yikes!

Other than the obvious, what can a 21 year old possibly offer a 35-40 year old man?

Nvm, Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 04:39 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Here are the relevant parts.
There's nothing wrong with your profile. Sometimes, people just get defensive when they want you and you don't want them. You're allowed to want a fit woman with no kids.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I wonder what makes people write nasty messages though. I mean, if I was doing OLD and I saw someone I was interested in but I didn't fit their preferences, I might write to them anyway. BUT I would write to them and say that I knew that I didn't fit their preferences but that I was interested in them. And if they wanted to give me a chance - great! If not - I'd move on. But I wouldn't write a nasty message.
You're not speaking from the perspective of a frustrated single woman. I'm not excusing people who write nasty messages, but I'm just saying she might've been searching for a guy for a while and is getting fed up. Online dating has this way of making people bitter and jaded.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:00 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,510,458 times
Age range you are looking for "21-35".
Might be creepy to some.
You said you are 35.

35 yr old willing to date a 21 yr old could scare a lot of women off.

Last edited by Atalanta; 03-25-2015 at 06:18 AM..

Old 03-25-2015, 06:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,271,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Posts like this crack me up. If a woman doesn't give a lot of men a chance, she's too picky.

But wait, if she gives a lot of guys chances, she's a tramp.

This is why the women in places where women outnumber men don't care. They are progressive enough to do what they want, but they also know that no matter what, it's damned if they do, damned if they don't, so they might as well just do what makes them happy.

Besides, you can't force attraction. The heart wants what the heart wants.

*cue up speech about nice guys who really aren't*
Yep. Men and women who are self sufficient tend to bend less on what they want. Why? It's very simple. They get comfortable in what they're doing and fill the void of a partner with many other activities. There's plenty of single people out there that have just given up on the process, or don't put themselves in the situation to meet anyone. They no longer want to be vulnerable to get the same experience they got online dating 2 years ago, or when Tammy and Tom cheated on them last Fall. They just want to live their lives and be content doing the things that make them happy. There's people that are lucky in love and then there's people who aren't as lucky.

Someone not only has to deem you as desirable, but you need to see them as desirable as well.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,271,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You're not speaking from the perspective of a frustrated single woman. I'm not excusing people who write nasty messages, but I'm just saying she might've been searching for a guy for a while and is getting fed up. Online dating has this way of making people bitter and jaded.
This happens more than people think. It's why I don't believe in the "people will move mountains to be with you" philosophy. I've met good women in my past and was in relationships with them; however, I wasn't in the right mindset to keep those relationships going. I'm the man they would likely have wanted now, yet they have moved on to other men.

Same goes for women who gave dating a good go. After a while, you get tired of the rejection and the dates that don't go anywhere, so you just stop doing it. Sure, that right kind of man could come into your life a month after giving up dating, but if you're not interested in meeting someone. You're just not interested in meeting someone. That's why timing is so important.

I've met my fair share of women who got online to date and had no business being there. They didn't have much interest in meeting someone, but didn't mind the attention. I had interest in meeting someone and not having an online penpal relationship. After a while, I was tired of feeding the attention, so I took my ball and went home.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:23 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,653,485 times
I think you're age range is a little iffy, you'd really want to date a 21 year old? Try a more realistic range of say 28 to 40, it sounds like you only want women younger than you are...much younger in some cases. I also think some of your humor fell a little flat, like you're trying too hard. Also, maybe I'm old fashioned but humility is an attractive trait while arrogance is a turn off.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 AM

545 posts, read 630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Hey ladies, I think I might be a catch!
-Not currently in jail, probation, or have any warrants out for my arrest
-Shower regularly and shave once a week!
-Steady career
-Happy hour isn't part of my daily commute, the gym is!
-I don't smell like a bowl of weed
-My chest is bigger then my ass
-If you read this far you should know that I have a sense of humor

I used to have a really long profile here full of information about me. Now I am just going to keep it simple. All the marriage minded good guys aren't all taken. I have no kids and am also looking for a woman that has no kids, I want a clean slate for a relationship. I am also fitness minded and thus am attracted to women that also take care of themselves.

This part seems jaded and also suggests that despite meeting these criteria's I'm still missing an important flaw (whether there is one or not). I would recommend not mentioning about fitness level as a requirement because most women have either been fat or self conscious at some point and you'd be insulting their former selves.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:17 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,980,782 times
My expectations are self admittedly probably too high. Don't care. I'll never settle again.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:24 AM

20,705 posts, read 19,880,600 times
I would only mention once that you want a childless woman. You mentioned it twice. It's overkill.

And the age range would scare me off. I would go for 30-40. You can still make exceptions when you message a younger woman first.

Also, don't message 4 women. Message 40. Higher failure rate but also higher chance of success.

Good luck.

I know it is frustrating. Don't take it personally. Don't lose your spirit.

It took me 2 years and HUNDREDS of messages that I sent out and got rejected, at least 70 dates until I found my prince. And he fits ALL my criteria. So don't give up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships