Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yeah....right. it's not.....dude was about to lose the extra cash and pushover girlfriend...he hasn't done anything but let her move a pucture. Maybe over as far as this thread goes.....but they'll be more....
I need some sort personal space to keep things which mean something special to me. Is that wrong ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:45 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I need some sort personal space to keep things which mean something special to me. Is that wrong ?
Who does that have to do with this thread?

Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
moves in together since the day you met....

smh

Old 03-31-2015, 02:02 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If I were you I would move back to my own place and take all of my belongings with me.
He doesn't want you in "his house" and he as much told you that when he said something about you closing the fridge door.
Quote:
Yeah....right. it's not.....dude was about to lose the extra cash and pushover girlfriend...he hasn't done anything but let her move a pucture. Maybe over as far as this thread goes.....but they'll be more....
Agreed. This isn't over. The OP comes across as needy and needy women see what they want to see in relationships.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Agreed. This isn't over. The OP comes across as needy and needy women see what they want to see in relationships.
I'm surprised because I never thought of the OP as needy, so this thread has me baffled. Is having a motorcycle all it took?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I'm surprised because I never thought of the OP as needy, so this thread has me baffled. Is having a motorcycle all it took?
For me, it was the moving in with him on the first day they met.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:16 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:

wow, you are really harsh. Issue has been settled. We found a mutual agreement over the weekend. All good. I just wanted to give an update, not give more ammunition.

And I DO like the motorcycle in the living room. I think it's awesome. I just don't like a few pics and I don't like carpet and dark drapes, dark everything. But we have agreed to find a new place in a year and I will be patient until then. I wanted too much too soon, probably because he told me to move in. But I will leave my stuff in my house so I keep my independence if needed.

I don't get the motorcycle statement - we are super compatible. I have never met a guy like that before who is so loving and caring and brings the best out in me.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Scolding you for something as inconsequential as closing the refrigerator, "because it's his house and you shouldn't do that" doesn't sound that nice, loving, or caring.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:14 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Now that you have moved most of your stuff back into your house, are you paying bills at his place?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So I am sort of living at my bf's house since the day we met.

3,5 months ago .. yeah, I know ...

We made the decision that I rent out some furnished rooms in my house, about 10 minutes away. Still keeping one foot in it, just in case.

So most of my personal stuff is now at my bf's house. He gave me a room where I put all my belongings. The furniture and dishes and stuff is still at my house and stays there for now.

Am I wrong to expect to move into a completely new place in the next 1-2 years so it is all OUR stuff and not all his?

I moved into a man cave, his pics on the walls, his manly bed sheets, his decoration, motorcycle in the living room. Fine with me, but the house just doesn't feel like HOME to me. I feel like a guest and this will not change until we move somewhere else.

I want a fresh start where I can decorate and feel like it is OUR place. Where I have a couch that WE like. Pics on the walls we both like.

He keeps repeating it is OUR place but then every now and then he let's me feel it isn't mine and when I say something his answer is "well, I bought it, I pay for it, so of course it is mine. But it is OUR home."

Recently he had the fridge open for a while and I shut it to keep the cold in. He said something about it being his house and I shouldn't do that.

Our agreement was that I live there for free but pay half of the utilities and food.
Danger Will Robinson. Dive, dive, dive.

The minute he pulled rank and said, "It's my house," you should have said, "Fine. I'm looking for my keys and heading back to my house."

Yeah, it is his house. But he has elected to share it with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships