Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:28 PM

508 posts, read 889,407 times

Advertisements

In my case, it has always been when I stopped looking and least suspected it. When I was out there "kicking butt" and making something of myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 10:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I'm gonna say something everyone will disagree with. But I'm going to say it anyways , Live your life dude. You'll get a woman when you're doing your own thing. It's not that serious. And the women who complain about men not approaching them they don't have the confidence to ask you out either. Many things in life goes both ways. Good luck to you and I hope you find happiness in your life.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:25 AM

545 posts, read 632,213 times
So far I'm starting to understand that any venue designed for guys and girls to get together will be hyper competitive for guys. Where it's easiest is always where you least expect it.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM

4,564 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Go where the women go. You don't say what age group you're in. But women take classes at the gym (yoga, tai chi), writing or acting workshops, different kinds of art classes, or do community service. They join film societies, take their dogs to the dog park, join the local international affairs council or sister-city committee, and do other activist stuff, like run their own human rights groups, and work for charities. They take different kinds of dance classes, rock-climbing classes, or join community singing groups. They play in local bands. They join biker groups. They run in local marathons. They volunteer for the local food co-op, or grow food in the community garden/veggie patch. They attend business seminars. They go to the Zen temple or to church, and attend social events in those spiritual communities.

What kind of lady are you looking for?
Great advice on this one.

Shame the OP hasnt come back to respond to your question though.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
So far I'm starting to understand that any venue designed for guys and girls to get together will be hyper competitive for guys. Where it's easiest is always where you least expect it.
Some of those venues I've been to, the dudes hang back the whole time, and don't make a move. It's easy pickings for the one guy (me ) who ventures forth. The idea of dudes engaging in a feeding frenzy at social events doesn't play out in real life, half the time. That sounds more like an excuse for not trying. What about that thread someone posted about the group of women at a club, that no one approached? Like I said, easy pickings for any dude who's motivated. No competition at all. Believe it or not, a lot of dudes are spooked by women, and can't get their act together. Weird, I know, but that's the truth. Other times, the women don't turn them on, if they're not all dolled up. But I like the down-to-earth kind. They can surprise you with hidden hotness.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 03-27-2015 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 10:14 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Some of those venues I've been to, the dudes hang back the whole time, and don't make a move. It's easy pickings for the one guy (me ) who ventures forth.
This has been my experience as well. Guys are slowly becoming less forward/aggressive, but women are remaining as passive as they've always been. So in environments like this, it's exactly as described above: lots of women sitting around waiting to be talked to, and lots of men doing the same. Like a middle-school dance.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This has been my experience as well. Guys are slowly becoming less forward/aggressive, but women are remaining as passive as they've always been. So in environments like this, it's exactly as described above: lots of women sitting around waiting to be talked to, and lots of men doing the same. Like a middle-school dance.
These have been my thoughts, exactly, at events like that. Except even when women do approach the guys, and try to start a conversation, nothing happens. At that point, the women are wondering why the guys even bothered to attend the event.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:20 PM

224 posts, read 527,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Except even when women do approach the guys, and try to start a conversation, nothing happens. At that point, the women are wondering why the guys even bothered to attend the event.
This is very rare, most SINGLE guys would jump all over this.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:40 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
This is very rare, most SINGLE guys would jump all over this.
It's not as rare as you might think. It leads the women to wonder if they're chopped liver, or something. I don't know what guys are expecting at events like that. A lineup of models?

Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
And don't say the Internet because you shouldn't have to pay a site to find a lover. Women can literally go anywhere decent and find a man while it seems to me that men really gotta narrow down their locations for finding the right lady. Explain.

Isle 9. On the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships