U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM

8,700 posts, read 5,059,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post
I'm a bisexual woman, but what I've noticed is how many femme women are attracted to these "butch" women and it grates my nerves. I get the whole masc./fem. energy thing but I don't understand why they have to dress in men's clothing and then claim that they're not transgender. Being partially attracted to men, I feel like they're trying to emulate men and not simply be a masculine female.

I feel like gay men in general have that privilege of being able to date other guys who dress like GUYS and that us women attracted to other women have to weed our way through these butch women to date other girls that look like us and would actually want to date a woman that looks like a woman.

I am so tired of all this political correctness making it seems as though there's nothing wrong with it when they know it's all based on patriarchy and male privilege.
So, don't date these women. How is this a problem?

BTW, there isn't anything wrong with dressing whichever way you choose.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Imagine if we lived in a matriarchal society where femininity was valued and associated with power. Most of the lesbians would dress like women and look for other women who didn't look like guys whereas the gay guys would be known for having masculine guys who tended to go for a man who wore high heels and short skirts. That wouldn't be a problem?
Why would it be a problem?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM

73 posts, read 65,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why would it be a problem?
It would seem like gay men wouldn't embrace their masculinity in a matriarchal society.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:38 PM

914 posts, read 585,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think in a matriarchal society media wouldn't perpetuate the idea woman need to look pretty and girly, wear wire in their bra's, underwear that crawls up their butt crack, clothes that are too tight and uncomfortable and shoes that are designed for a mutant with one pointy toe.
I'd honestly like to try it for a century or so, the only way to know if it will work is to try it.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
It would seem like gay men wouldn't embrace their masculinity in a matriarchal society.
Sure they would, if they were so inclined. We are who we are.

But it's a moot discussion, isn't it? We don't live in a matriarchal society.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,777,045 times
Quote:
I'm a bisexual woman, but what I've noticed is how many femme women are attracted to these "butch" women and it grates my nerves. I get the whole masc./fem. energy thing but I don't understand why they have to dress in men's clothing and then claim that they're not transgender. Being partially attracted to men, I feel like they're trying to emulate men and not simply be a masculine female.

I feel like gay men in general have that privilege of being able to date other guys who dress like GUYS and that us women attracted to other women have to weed our way through these butch women to date other girls that look like us and would actually want to date a woman that looks like a woman.

I am so tired of all this political correctness making it seems as though there's nothing wrong with it when they know it's all based on patriarchy and male privilege.

Ha!! I feel the same way as you! I guess I would be called 'bi-curious' as I have yet to actually be with a woman, but id like to. I myself like femme women, and I see the same thing you do; femmes loving butch women. Now, to each his own, but I kinda raise my eyebrows when femme women like these butch chicks that act like and dress like men, and even call themselves 'bros', etc. Even heard one refer to herself as a growing MAN when having a conversation about how much food she eats to keep in shape. Some of these butch women or studs, as they are called, don't even want a woman to perform oral sex on them because it makes them feel too submissive Im like.....what exactly about you is even feminine besides having a vagina? This just blew my mind when I started learning about stuff like that.

I mean I get the whole feminine masculine energy too. I can see maybe just dating a tomboyish type woman whose still feminine. But damn some of these butch women are really extreme. Now, im not ragging on people... its the truth. And im cool with all types. But there is no way in hell I could get with a butch. There is nothing feminine to them, to me. I love sweet, soft femme women. If I want someone who dresses, talks, refers to themselves in a masculine way, and has masculine views and behaviors, Id just date a guy. But, to each his own.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:31 PM

43 posts, read 25,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly? Why do you care?

It's no different than any other type of relationship...... date who you like, and don't date who you don't like.

You may want to look at yourself to find out why something so innocuous bothers you.

I have to agree with this 100%. If I see something I don't like, I just don't give it a second thought. I have never had a "butch" person or whiny voiced guy affect my life one way or the other. And I'll bet if I was in a car wreck and they donated the blood that could save my life, I would take it whether they bothered me or not! Wouldn't you? How about if your firefighter looked "butch"? Would you take her helping hand or burn?

I am not being snotty. I am just pointing out how unimportant looks are in the overall scheme of life.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:43 PM

13,740 posts, read 12,634,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Ha!! I feel the same way as you! I guess I would be called 'bi-curious' as I have yet to actually be with a woman, but id like to. I myself like femme women, and I see the same thing you do; femmes loving butch women. Now, to each his own, but I kinda raise my eyebrows when femme women like these butch chicks that act like and dress like men, and even call themselves 'bros', etc. Even heard one refer to herself as a growing MAN when having a conversation about how much food she eats to keep in shape. Some of these butch women or studs, as they are called, don't even want a woman to perform oral sex on them because it makes them feel too submissive Im like.....what exactly about you is even feminine besides having a vagina? This just blew my mind when I started learning about stuff like that.
Sounds like the perfect type of butch to me. lol

Old 03-27-2015, 09:26 PM

1,024 posts, read 788,077 times
People are wired to like what they like.

Some women dress butch. That's what they like to do. I'm not sure that this is something that is impressed upon them by society. I knew at a very young age that I liked certain things (cowboys, Barbie Dolls, stuffed horsies) and didn't like other things (baby dolls, overly frilly things). No one could convince me that baby dolls were what I should like. I didn't like them.

Same with clothes, and the people you're attracted to. I think a lot of this stuff starts very young. Why fight it or criticize it in others?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 PM

5,876 posts, read 2,365,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly? Why do you care?

It's no different than any other type of relationship...... date who you like, and don't date who you don't like.

You may want to look at yourself to find out why something so innocuous bothers you.
TY for saying this..I tried to rep you> But couldn't..too many reps today...Boooo
Anyway..Thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships