U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 PM

34,516 posts, read 28,801,967 times

Advertisements

OP? Is this a problem because you feel that there is a lack of available femme girls for you to date or something?

Old 03-27-2015, 11:19 PM

73 posts, read 65,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
OP? Is this a problem because you feel that there is a lack of available femme girls for you to date or something?
Yep. Not to mention that there are already straight "feminine" girls dating men so..butch women just mirror that heteronormativity. And I'm not about to dress like a dude to attract a woman's attention.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:24 PM

69 posts, read 54,866 times
Who cares if it 'grates your nerves' that is the way that they choose to express/ identify themselves, if you're not attracted to that keep it moving. One would think that being a part of the LGBTQA community you'd be a little less judgmental of the way people choose to identify/present themselves.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:51 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,297,307 times
This is an interesting conversation that I am in know way willing brave enough to take a side on. I do see a girl in my gym that could probably beat me in arm wrestling and she has new girls in there all the time. It's like clockwork how she does the same thing with showing each girl how to do things (and no she is not a trainer at the gym).

Old 03-28-2015, 06:28 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,806,142 times
Not into lesbian/ gay bashing........

And I never chose to be part of the lifestyle but I've had to be part of it as loved ones ARE part of it.

My ex-wife is in a lesbian relationship and I've spoken to her in detail about her feelings, observations, & experiences. As a heterosexual male that absolutely adores female companionship and intimacy......the things that were explained to me are both bizarre & fascinating, to say the least.

My ex is a "lipstick lesbian." At first. I'll explain in a minute.

A "femme", that was turned on by a "butch." My ex's lover is the quintessential "Bull ****" (sorry, coming from a manly man who likes to grill steaks & drink beer).......but her lover enjoys the same things I do.

Watch football, smoke cigars, take naps, etc.

I.e., my ex looks at her lover as a man. And even though she has the physical attributes of a woman (vagina, breasts)......she also has strong features in her body & face that are quite masculine. But she has an edge.....she's still female....and knows exactly what a girl needs.

There are MANY more "Butches" than "Femmes." Many more. It's hard to find a "Femme." And when one is found, they're considered a trophy. And heaven forbid that they cross back over to the other side......because that's a slap in the face to all things lesbian.

I'm sure that there are some gay guys that buy into that mantra if gender roles are reversed, but most just blow it off. No pun intended.

Getting back to what I referred to earlier in my post....and this is what concerns me regarding my ex-wife:

The woman that I married is starting to look like her lover. Her belly sticks out more than her boobs, she doesn't shave ANYTHING......and she's emulating everything that her lover exhibits. Yep, even the attitude.

I s'pose there are different definitions of relationships whether they be hetero or homo.....but I wonder......

Are we portraying ourselves as who we are or who we want to be?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:25 AM

34,516 posts, read 28,801,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post
Yep. Not to mention that there are already straight "feminine" girls dating men so..butch women just mirror that heteronormativity. And I'm not about to dress like a dude to attract a woman's attention.
I suppose it's fortunate that you're bisexual, then?

Old 03-28-2015, 08:47 AM

73 posts, read 65,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I suppose it's fortunate that you're bisexual, then?

I've always been more into women than men. Men only on rare occasions so that would make me a bi-lesbian haha

Old 03-29-2015, 03:08 PM

2,593 posts, read 3,559,568 times
I have an ex g/f that's bi and complains about the same thing. She says there just aren't many other lipstick girls out there to choose from.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:11 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,996,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post
I'm a bisexual woman, but what I've noticed is how many femme women are attracted to these "butch" women and it grates my nerves. I get the whole masc./fem. energy thing but I don't understand why they have to dress in men's clothing and then claim that they're not transgender. Being partially attracted to men, I feel like they're trying to emulate men and not simply be a masculine female.

I feel like gay men in general have that privilege of being able to date other guys who dress like GUYS and that us women attracted to other women have to weed our way through these butch women to date other girls that look like us and would actually want to date a woman that looks like a woman.

I am so tired of all this political correctness making it seems as though there's nothing wrong with it when they know it's all based on patriarchy and male privilege.

Yay you, so you don't like someone with a specific look.
Don't socialize or engage them in any way, problem solved.

They probably don't like the way you look either.
They dress the way they dress because they "want to".................... Just like you dress the way you dress because "YOU" want to.

It isn't all about you or being politically correct, it is about individual choices whether you like them or not.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:28 PM

3,050 posts, read 2,631,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Not all gay men in the U.S. do it either. Wentworth Miller's voice is perfection.
And it's untrue that gay men in other countries don't do it. I have a friend from the UK who is effeminate as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships