Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 04:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,265,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auraliea View Post
then by all means....cuddle.

*salutes*
Salutes back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 04:31 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,193,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Let the man do what he wants. I prefer spending time and cuddling with a woman. But sadly, not every man gets that chance.
Judging from your posts and threads you do not have a sterling record with women either. So who are you to judge others?

Old 03-29-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Judging from your posts and threads you do not have a sterling record with women either. So who are you to judge others?
I have a girlfriend now. So.....

Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,767,157 times
So this has been an issue for me my whole life. Now I'm divorced in my 40's and its really hard because the women I want think I'm old (online until they meet me). So I need to approach women in public if I have any hope of having a family. Here's what I'm STRONGLY considering. I've started listening to a Podcast called "The Art of Charm". The guy who does these podcasts has great guests and its been an awesome learning experience. He runs a week long bootcamp in L.A. for men to overcome their fear of approaching people and be more charismatic personally and professionally. Its not just to meet women, but also in business. Its quite an investment, but at this point, short of finding a Russian bride, I'm tempted. I've been considering doing his bootcamp this summer. I think its aimed at shy introverts like myself, so why not. I hate being an introvert and I hate not being confident enough with no attachment to outcome (rejection) to approach women in a Whole Foods, the gym, or wherever. It has to stop! I think this could be the answer for me, unless my dream woman falls in my lap tomorrow.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,193,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have a girlfriend now. So.....
So now you are an expert?

Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM

356 posts, read 363,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgunga View Post
I see so many women that I want to approach but I can't bring myself to do it. I want so badly to be able to be bold and brave but I'm ugly as hell and I know they won't accept me.

I'm terrified.

But I see so many guys do it.

How do you know she won't reject you and break you down right there?

How do you know she'll accept you?

And most importantly, how do you know if you're even good enough to be talking to her in the first place?

Please help.
It's all practice If she turns you down who cares try it with another chick yo!

Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
So now you are an expert?
Nope never said I was one.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:55 PM

368 posts, read 575,492 times
If you already know you're ugly one stranger's opinion shouldn't matter.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 4,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
If you already know you're ugly one stranger's opinion shouldn't matter.
Well that's the thing, I still have this massive fear struck into me whenever I see a girl I like.

I always have the mentality before I leave the house that "This time, I'm FINALLY going to do it and approach a girl", but by the time I get out, that's gone.

It's replaced with a TON of anxiety and I can't even look at the girl, let alone talk to them.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:38 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgunga View Post
Well that's the thing, I still have this massive fear struck into me whenever I see a girl I like.

I always have the mentality before I leave the house that "This time, I'm FINALLY going to do it and approach a girl", but by the time I get out, that's gone.

It's replaced with a TON of anxiety and I can't even look at the girl, let alone talk to them.
Don't psych yourself out too much. If you're talking about randomly approaching a woman, then you're probably not going to get a lot of dates that way. You should just start out with the goal of saying "hi" or striking up a conversation with people (men, women, puppies, etc.) when the opportunity arises. You'll find out that it's not a life or death situation to hang your entire sense of self-worth on. No one's going to point and laugh, no one's going to film you and put it on YouTube. It's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships