U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 04:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 1,720,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
You can't rely on observational skills only. If I did that, I would have lost a really great friendship that I have now.. but whatever. Observation is inconclusive without other components.
I disagree. Most of the time its conclusive and obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 04:34 PM

78,009 posts, read 69,929,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Observational skills as I mentioned in another post.
Too vague an answer. What are you observing, that's convincing you women wouldn't be interested, if given the chance?

Old 03-28-2015, 04:39 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,830,877 times
Quote:
You don't have to be a mind reader. You just need good observational skills.
Dude, all it takes is one, the right one. You don't need all of 'em to show interest in you. That doesn't happen to anyone, hardly. You need to place yourself in a target-rich environment with some regularity, to give the fish a chance to bite. Be approachable. Sooner or later, some woman with the right combo of taste, interests, and psychology will take an interest in you. Just don't freak, and bail for the nearest exit when it happens, lol.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, all it takes is one, the right one. You don't need all of 'em to show interest in you. That doesn't happen to anyone, hardly. You need to place yourself in a target-rich environment with some regularity, to give the fish a chance to bite. Be approachable. Sooner or later, some woman with the right combo of taste, interests, and psychology will take an interest in you. Just don't freak, and bail for the nearest exit when it happens, lol.
I never said anything about wanting all of them to show interest but when none do its obvious.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:00 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,830,877 times
Quote:
I never said anything about wanting all of them to show interest but when none do its obvious.
Do you put yourself out there? You have to put yourself in the middle of where the women are at, on a regular basis. Just going about your ho-hum day and expecting magic to happen isn't the way to go about it.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:04 PM

78,009 posts, read 69,929,188 times
Quote:
I know a LOT of women who never would have gotten anywhere relationship-wise if they thought this way. Women who never got any interest from anyone in HS or college, and some--after college as well. So they decided they needed to take matters into their own hands. Waiting around for interest to come their way got them nowhere. But they didn't let it phase their self-esteem, nor did they give up. They didn't take the complete lack of interest, or even obvious avoidance of them, in some instances, as a sign that no men on Earth would ever want them. They went for what they wanted, and made things happen. Those who didn't are still alone decades later. Everyone makes choices. You've made a choice to not even try, so you've forfeited your right to complain legitimately. Because this is what you've chosen.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:10 PM

7,782 posts, read 5,926,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgunga View Post
I see so many women that I want to approach but I can't bring myself to do it. I want so badly to be able to be bold and brave but I'm ugly as hell and I know they won't accept me.

I'm terrified.

But I see so many guys do it.

How do you know she won't reject you and break you down right there?

How do you know she'll accept you?

And most importantly, how do you know if you're even good enough to be talking to her in the first place?

Please help.
We don't...

When I approach, (If I ever get the chance to, that is) I feel that I am ready for the worst case scenario.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:52 PM

22,457 posts, read 24,016,511 times
Quote:
I disagree. Most of the time its conclusive and obvious.
What do they do? Hiss and back away from you like a vampire confronted with garlic?

Old 03-28-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know a LOT of women who never would have gotten anywhere relationship-wise if they thought this way. Women who never got any interest from anyone in HS or college, and some--after college as well. So they decided they needed to take matters into their own hands. Waiting around for interest to come their way got them nowhere. But they didn't let it phase their self-esteem, nor did they give up. They didn't take the complete lack of interest, or even obvious avoidance of them, in some instances, as a sign that no men on Earth would ever want them. They went for what they wanted, and made things happen. Those who didn't are still alone decades later. Everyone makes choices. You've made a choice to not even try, so you've forfeited your right to complain legitimately. Because this is what you've chosen.
I wasn't complaining.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What do they do? Hiss and back away from you like a vampire confronted with garlic?
No. Disinterest is obvious though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or