U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:01 PM

7,548 posts, read 4,797,629 times

Advertisements

I'm so sick of this crap.

No one is ENTITLED to anyone....let the ish go and live.

My God.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:11 PM

14,508 posts, read 10,676,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm so sick of this crap.

No one is ENTITLED to anyone....let the ish go and live.

My God.
Lol, Auraliea.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:21 PM

3,637 posts, read 2,678,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My god talk about - generalizing
Shall we?

Old 03-28-2015, 08:30 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,914,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I'm game. Who wants to ask me out?

A game warden?

Old 03-28-2015, 08:31 PM

7,726 posts, read 4,955,646 times
Never mind the well-justified imprecations against the author of the linked article. She does have a point. In a bygone society – real or illusory – it was expected for males to make overtures to females. Society assumed this, and encouraged it. Such an undertaking was neither risky nor laborious.
Today's reality is more complicated and more leavened with nuance. The price of equality is commensurate expectations of behavior. Women need to approach and to initiate as frequently as men. More importantly, we lack venues where such approach – by either gender – is socially acceptable and well-regarded. This – and not a sense of entitlement by either gender – is the great malady of our modern times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
If you look at her picture, then you'd understand why she doesn't get asked out by men.
I disagree. She's certainly not a gifted writer, making rather purblind attempts and analyzing modern life. But physically she's quite an appealing young lady. See for example https://samedert.files.wordpress.com...d_400x400.jpeg .

Old 03-28-2015, 08:41 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,824,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I disagree. She's certainly not a gifted writer, making rather purblind attempts and analyzing modern life. But physically she's quite an appealing young lady. See for example https://samedert.files.wordpress.com...d_400x400.jpeg .
She's not bad, objectively speaking. If she had a smile and some positive energy around her, it would make a big difference.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:42 PM

8,767 posts, read 5,590,954 times
  • Right height, CHECK.
  • Right weight, CHECK.
  • Right eye color, CHECK.
  • Right hair style, CHECK.
  • Right cologne, CHECK.
  • Right race, CHECK.
  • Right job, CHECK.
  • Right income, CHECK.
  • Right smile, CHECK.
  • Right introduction, CHECK.
  • Right time of day, CHECK.
  • Right location, CHECK.
  • Right attitude, CHECK.
  • Right marital status, CHECK.
  • Right home, CHECK.
  • Right confidence level, CHECK.
  • Right number of children, CHECK.
  • Right phase of the moon, CHECK.
  • Right set of friends, CHECK.
  • Right set of hobbies, CHECK.
  • Right amount of generosity, CHECK.
  • Right smoking status, CHECK.
  • Right drinking status, CHECK.
  • Right education status, CHECK.

"This is Red Leader to Red 2. I'm goin in..."

BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM...

"Red leader, this is red 2, bail out man!"
"Red Squadron, can anyone see, did he get out?"

"Red 2, this is red 5, NO. Looks like he didn't have the right color suit. Let's go home boys."

Maybe we all are getting a little too picky and not willing to accept the "less than perfect" partner.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-28-2015 at 09:09 PM..

Old 03-28-2015, 08:48 PM

7,726 posts, read 4,955,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
She's not bad, objectively speaking. If she had a smile and some positive energy around her, it would make a big difference.
We all have different tastes. I actually prefer the insouciantly reserved countenance, and savor melancholy rather than "positive energy". Her photo, if genuine, suggests a woman somewhat disaffected by the world, mildly annoyed, and yet resolved to muddle through it as best as one could tolerate.

In fact the more I think about this young lady, the more I'm attracted to her. It's a pity that I'm probably 15-20 years her senior.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:50 PM

6,510 posts, read 8,984,575 times
Sounds like no one ever hits on this girl so she decides to get angsty and write about it on the internet. Well, my news for her, sorry you aren't attractive and don't know how to coddle to guys, but plenty of women still get the things you complain you're living without.

Such a mopey article, author probably hasn't been laid in years, and probably her own fault too, such a negative outlook on the dating scene is not going to get you positive returns.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:52 PM

6,510 posts, read 8,984,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Never mind the well-justified imprecations against the author of the linked article. She does have a point. In a bygone society real or illusory it was expected for males to make overtures to females. Society assumed this, and encouraged it. Such an undertaking was neither risky nor laborious.
Today's reality is more complicated and more leavened with nuance. The price of equality is commensurate expectations of behavior. Women need to approach and to initiate as frequently as men. More importantly, we lack venues where such approach by either gender is socially acceptable and well-regarded. This and not a sense of entitlement by either gender is the great malady of our modern times.

Don't mean to be rude or callous in this, but she's average at best, and average doesn't get you very far if you don't go out of your way to be noticed. The look she has going on begs to not be seen. Probably spent too many nights watching other girls getting hit on while she was ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or