Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times

Advertisements

I went for a first meet one time with a guy I found to be sort of immature and shallow. At the end, he told me he was not going to be able to see me again because he was going out of the country for a while. It was so ridiculously transparent, so fake, I called him on it. He blathered a bit, unable to recover, then I just politely excused myself.

He hadn't needed to say anything at all.....it wasn't like i was asking to see him again. really unnecessary. and it came out so phony..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 08:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
I treated him to a delicious Olive Garden meal and he never called me again.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM

986 posts, read 1,665,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Been there done that. I took him to Fleming's (and this was someone I had known for years). #neveragain

Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
So I'm going through some stuff in my relationship life and went and reread this thread. There is soooooo much truth in this statement. I wish people would be more up front about how they feel! But i'm guilty too, when I'm not interested, I usually give a "it's not you, it's me" speech, instead of telling the truth. But sometimes people don't want to hear the truth. So what to do?
But that is the truth. YOU are just not into him.

Besides, you are attempting to save face for him.

So my worst dumping? Mmmm .... let's see Oh yes, having the police called on me and being issued a trespass order. That after she unprovoked, called my son a thief, a drug addict and told him he should go and join his late brother, who had recently taken his life.

Did I mention that she shouted all this out in the street? She lied to the police, accusing me of assault and having 12 guns under the bed. Oh yeah, she called them on the pretext that I was threatening her with guns or something. None of it was was true though and the police realized this once they spoke to me. They arrived armed and prepared for a seige, taking cover behind the garden wall! And all I did was demand she handed me back my phone - all related to that attack on my son!

Mind you, I needed to leave anyway, after what she did to my son.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
He had his friend break up with me for him.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:28 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
So since I started this thing, I will go first. Okay, so I know this won't be as bad as others, but one night at the bar/club I tried to hit it off with these two women who were dancing by themselves. I came over to introduce myself, and immediately was given a cold, blank stare. After about a minute they started ignoring me, and one of the girls gave her friend a big thumbs down. They then told me they wanted another guy to chill with. I'll be honest with you, the way that all transpired kind of hurt.
They should have just said "not interested". I think verbal communication is more honest and works better.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I used to take men out, too, on dates. Never heard back from them.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
We had sex on the first date and she never called me again. I felt so cheap and used

Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
A woman I had been dating for about a year who made me a part of her family, (she had two little girls, and one older one), made sure I bonded with her kids, and extended family etc dumped me via text by saying that she had slept with someone else. I knew something was up when she would tell me he would come over, and drink the expensive Bourbon I had bought and kept at her place. It was weird because the guy was a friend of hers from high school, and also very obese. I had met him previously while we were in a restaurant, and we ran into him. She also had a weird relationship with her older, teenage daughter.

I was lucky to get out of that one, and thank God she did what she did, and I didn't get in a commitment with her. Years later, I was in a relationship with a woman for a few months, and I just wasn't feeling it with her. In person, I explained my feelings, and asked her to just be friends, as we usually did have a good time together. That didn't go too well.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:19 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
The worst way was to be ghosted. I thought he had more balls than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships