Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 04:57 PM

304 posts, read 237,608 times

Advertisements

Been dating a woman for a few months now. We are exclusive and moving in together next week. Things are great.

She is a moderately prolific facebook user; daily, sometimes twice a day.

She has literally dozens of pictures of her doing things; many of the pictures are of her doing things that we did together, and in most cases are pictures I took.

Not one single picture is of us. I am nowhere on her facebook page, neither mentioned or individual photos.

We started a blog about a week ago, to record our funny little dates and activities. She seemed to go out of her way to not mention our names in the title.

I do have an exwife, and this woman has had bad experiences with exwives in the past.

Is this something I should be concerned about, or even ask about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 05:08 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,362 times
Sounds like everything is going great!

True colors

Old 03-31-2015, 08:28 AM

304 posts, read 237,608 times
I asked her about this; her answers were evasive and not entirely forthcoming. She offered to permanently delete her facebook account.

Not sure whether to push this any further, or how to.

Any help or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:34 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Why do you want your couple activities made public?

A blog about your relationship? Who can read it, everybody? I would raise hell if my partner would do that.

Also, I find it annoying if people have the need to put everything they do and don't do and what they think about it on facebook. Be happy she leaves you out of it and respects your privacy!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:27 PM

52 posts, read 30,092 times
She offered to permanently delete her facebook account?

Millions of partners, male and female, throughout the world, would pay good money to be made an offer like that! You have been given a wonderful gift: take it!

Damned if I can understand why any sane individual wants the bloody thing in the first place. Seems to cause absolutely nothing but trouble.

Thank her in some appropriate manner and count your blessings.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:37 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,256 times
Everyone knows that it isn't really a relationship until you announce it on Facebook.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rEAqtqQpcO8

Old 03-31-2015, 07:04 PM

818 posts, read 917,206 times
OP, I would have a problem with this too. I'm curious , do you have pics of the both of you on your facebook ?
My first thought is she only sees you as Mr right now and wants to keep her options open.

If it were me I would try to pick a good time to talk about this BEFORE you move in together.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:49 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Sounds like everything is going great!

True colors

Good grief. OP, why, oh WHY, are you moving in with this woman? You've only been dating for a few months, and your gut has already fired off some serious messages to you.

I guess some people just need to learn the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships