Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times

Advertisements

I notice women who wear short hairstyles are more likely to be daring, carefree and quirky. Also more likely to attract men who are equally as quirky and maybe not as controlling. Not saying this can't be the case for women with longer hair but this is my observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I notice women who wear short hairstyles are more likely to be daring, carefree and quirky. Also more likely to attract men who are equally as quirky and maybe not as controlling. Not saying this can't be the case for women with longer hair but this is my observation.
Interesting take on it! For sure you know the man won't want you for your long, luscious locks...

Old 03-21-2016, 04:04 PM

8 posts, read 5,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I actually think the opposite. I think long hair would accentuate how round her face is and would make her look more drab. I think she looks very striking with short hair and her features stand out.
Long hair is always flattering on a woman, no matter what the shape of the face. In some cases, it also de emphasizes flaws, such as a long face. When women compliment other women who have short hair, that's their way of mocking them because they know how horrid it looks. It's like telling a man that Y fronts are sexy to women. No woman should ever even dream of cutting her hair short. It's a disaster in 99% of cases. A woman with an extremely pretty face will look ok despite short hair, not because of it. Listen to men, they know what is attractive to men.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:11 PM

454 posts, read 310,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Do you have a preference?

I had my hair chopped off (it's like pixie short) recently, and the stylist and I were talking about short hair on women is growing more popular, and how she loves short hair on women. I told her my husband prefers it really short, and she was all "Oh, really!?" in a surprised kind of way.

Needless to say, he was ecstatic that I chose to cut it super short (and go blond). I was surprised to learn that he prefers it short, and he acted surprised by it, not realizing that many men prefer longer hair. I like it both ways.
I most definitely prefer long hair on women. No doubt. I feel like most prefer long but who knows? I've seen beautiful women with short hair too.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:11 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
I've often wondered if the adage "cut your hair, lose twenty years" (said by women to other women) wasn't envy-driven.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:14 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibarro View Post
Long hair is always flattering on a woman, no matter what the shape of the face. In some cases, it also de emphasizes flaws, such as a long face. When women compliment other women who have short hair, that's their way of mocking them because they know how horrid it looks. It's like telling a man that Y fronts are sexy to women. No woman should ever even dream of cutting her hair short. It's a disaster in 99% of cases. A woman with an extremely pretty face will look ok despite short hair, not because of it. Listen to men, they know what is attractive to men.
How idiotic! Just because YOU like long hair and are prejudiced in your rating of the attractiveness of women with short hair doesn't make it a FACT.

And don't speak for women - if you are one, then considering changing that.

Another poster said that every woman looks good with long hair but not every woman looks good with short. That's like saying every guy looks good with a beard but not every man looks good clean-shaven.

Why is stuff on CD black and white with no nuance....must be a really low common denominator.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:27 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Long hair is more feminine and attractive.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I've seen beautiful women with all different hair lengths.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:46 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
I most definitely prefer long hair on women. No doubt. I feel like most prefer long but who knows?
Me too, no question, no exception. There are more guys than I'd expect in my social circle that prefer short hair, as they associate it with youth and/or slimness, but they're still a minority.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibarro View Post
And you would know this, how? Are you a mind-reader? Women will compliment another woman's short hair cut usually because it looks sensational. Long hair is nice, but a really good short cut can be surprisingly attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships