Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So you started a thread to justify your actions? Why? What's the point?
No. I wanted to know if people did it. I used me as an example.

Do I feel good about lying to my wife. No.

Quote:
Hey, don't talk to my friend like that
Congrats boyo, You made the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 09:56 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seona View Post
Hmmm so Im with the minority here and ready to take a bashing. I think it depends on who you are with. I have lied with one ex before over the little things just because I knew the real answer could cause me alot of headache and i didnt have the time nor energy for it and it dragged me down.
Well, there you go. The key word in this statement is "ex".

Lie to your spouse, lie to yourself.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Hmmm so Im with the minority here and ready to take a bashing. I think it depends on who you are with. I have lied with one ex before over the little things just because I knew the real answer could cause me alot of headache and i didnt have the time nor energy for it and it dragged me down.
Looks like I really stirred up a hornets nest here. Bring extra raid, hell a flame thrower.

This has me thinking. I can remember other guys talking about this, my wifes friends. They all lied to people, spouses boy friends you name it. Some more than others admittedly but it's still there.

Why the self righteousness people?

Old 04-05-2015, 10:26 PM

609 posts, read 615,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Looks like I really stirred up a hornets nest here.

The people that post on this forum...not a good representation of the actual world.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:27 PM

7 posts, read 6,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Well, there you go. The key word in this statement is "ex".

Lie to your spouse, lie to yourself.

Yes "ex" because I couldnt deal with it lol among other things

Old 04-05-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Looks like I really stirred up a hornets nest here. Bring extra raid, hell a flame thrower.

This has me thinking. I can remember other guys talking about this, my wifes friends. They all lied to people, spouses boy friends you name it. Some more than others admittedly but it's still there.

Missing the point here or maybe we're on different pages

Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
The people that post on this forum...not a good representation of the actual world.
Born again Christians? Never did anything right the first time?

Old 04-05-2015, 10:36 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:

I guess we're a different crowd than you and your ex are used to. Try picking your women from a different crowd. You might not have to lie, and your next marriage might last.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seona View Post
Missing the point here or maybe we're on different pages

Ah ok sorry I get you now, yeah I guess people can sometimes tell white lies. Ever watched the prgram LIES its true. We dont even noticed we do it but its there alright.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:58 PM

609 posts, read 615,482 times
Quote:
Born again Christians? Never did anything right the first time?
I feel like a lot of people that replied didn't even really listen to you, just jumping to judgment and acting like they're better. But some of what you described people do on a regular basis whether they are conscious of it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships