Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,307 times

Advertisements

She will give you the dreaded "are you f'n serious?" look then kick you out. When you try and apologize or tell your side, any guy friends there will probably beat you up then roll you out into the street.

Just keep your mouth shut and enjoy yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 01:37 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
I am not a drinker so I doubt a date would have to worry about me getting wasted.

As far as he goes....I'd probably be gone after the first date and he's drunk. All my experiences with people who were drunk were awkward and dangerous. People do some really stupid things when a lot of alcohol is involved. I'm not that type so I wouldn't associate too much with those who drink TOO much.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I met this girl and we went out on a few dates...like 2 dates.

She invites me to a pool party at her place, I bring a couple of beers but she is hammered. Thing was she was drinking wine earlier, before my arrival.
Sounds like you were late to a party in progress.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
It's her choice. I barley know her
I can either sit thier with her or remove myself and go my own way.

I try not to hang around drunks anymore if I can help it...instant turn off in all respects

Old 04-07-2015, 01:55 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,355,702 times
Quote:

She invites me to a pool party at her place, I bring a couple of beers but she is hammered. Thing was she was drinking wine earlier, before my arrival.

That incident reminded me of the one with a former flame who was drinking scotch heavily on a meeting.

My question is:

Do you mind if a friend tells you about your drinking? Like telling you as a friend to get easy on the booze? or is it a "no, no".

I mean, I care for my friends, and I will tell her one time and one time alone...hey get easy with the drinking, but often I found out, some women don't like advice.

What do you think?
People that are regular drinkers and enjoy getting blitzed to have fun aren't going to take your advice. You're better off finding other friends that suits your "drinking" personality. Don't bother wasting your time trying to "rescue" her.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,310 times
I'm a non-drinker (I'm not a bible-thumpin' goody-two-shoes; I just hate the taste of alcohol), but if I had a habit of doing something that offended, annoyed, irked, or bothered someone, I would hope that person would actually have the guts or the b*lls to tell me because to be perfectly honest, although I'm a woman, I'm a huge fan of constructive criticism. I can dish it and I can take it (brrrring it!!). I constructively criticize friends, family, foes, and fools all the time, except I don't call it constructive criticism – I call it "Releasing the Kraken."

As a matter of fact, I recently Released the Kraken on one of my nieces who has a horrible habit of interrupting people who are talking to her. She always tries to finish their sentences for them, as if to say, "I'm not as dumb as you think I am – see how I just finished your thought for you?" I personally find that type of behavior to be extremely rude and annoying because, to me, it means she (my niece) is hearing what the person is saying to her, but she's not actively listening to what the person is saying to her. How can you possibly hold an intelligent conversation with someone if you're not actively listening to what the other person is saying to you? But I digress....

I definitely think you should tell your friend that:

1. Her drinking to excess/getting drunk/getting hammered offends, annoys, irks, or bothers you.

2. Her behavior bothers you because______ (give her at least 3 good reasons why it bothers you).

3. Because you value her friendship, you would truly appreciate it if she would at least consider ____ (give her at least 3 suggestions, e.g., discussing a topic both of you are passionate about, trying to find a solution to a problem that's near and dear to her heart, trying to figure out ways to make the world suck just a little bit less, etc.) rather than drinking to excess/getting drunk/getting hammered when she's around you.

Now go and Release the Kraken !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zIR2rvRQ

Old 04-07-2015, 05:31 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
I think it's totally rude to be drunk before a date or meeting up with anybody. If we are drinking, I wanna start out on the same level. Like this time I had plans to grab dinner & drinks w/ a pal and he said he already drank 3 beers at home first.. I'm like, really?? Not a date, but none the less, still annoying.. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect someone at a party to wait for me to get there... Buuuut if I'm only 30 minutes late and they're already plastered, yeah that's a problem for me!

Old 04-07-2015, 05:32 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Ladies don't get drunk!!

Old 04-07-2015, 05:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:

That incident reminded me of the one with a former flame who was drinking scotch heavily on a meeting.

My question is:

Do you mind if a friend tells you about your drinking? Like telling you as a friend to get easy on the booze? or is it a "no, no".

I mean, I care for my friends, and I will tell her one time and one time alone...hey get easy with the drinking, but often I found out, some women don't like advice.

What do you think?
first question to ask yourself is, if you were in her place and were hammered on a date, would YOU want her to point it out to you? you have to be honest now, because a lot of people would say yes tell them, but when you do tell them they get upset with you for telling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you've only been out on 2 dates, you're not her friend, yet, unless you knew her before you started dating.

It's not really about "women don't like advice". It's very much about the fact that alcoholics don't like to be told what to do.

In any case, this doesn't sound like a good match. Why continue pursuing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
If she was drinking and having fun at a party, mind your own business.

If it's an ongoing occurrence and this person is your friend, say something.

If it's an ongoing occurrence and you've only been on a few dates, probably best to end it because she may have a problem.
these are the best way to handle this situation.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:18 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
I'm a non-drinker (I'm not a bible-thumpin' goody-two-shoes; I just hate the taste of alcohol), but if I had a habit of doing something that offended, annoyed, irked, or bothered someone, I would hope that person would actually have the guts or the b*lls to tell me because to be perfectly honest, although I'm a woman, I'm a huge fan of constructive criticism. I can dish it and I can take it (brrrring it!!). I constructively criticize friends, family, foes, and fools all the time, except I don't call it constructive criticism – I call it "Releasing the Kraken."

As a matter of fact, I recently Released the Kraken on one of my nieces who has a horrible habit of interrupting people who are talking to her. She always tries to finish their sentences for them, as if to say, "I'm not as dumb as you think I am – see how I just finished your thought for you?" I personally find that type of behavior to be extremely rude and annoying because, to me, it means she (my niece) is hearing what the person is saying to her, but she's not actively listening to what the person is saying to her. How can you possibly hold an intelligent conversation with someone if you're not actively listening to what the other person is saying to you? But I digress....

I definitely think you should tell your friend that:

1. Her drinking to excess/getting drunk/getting hammered offends, annoys, irks, or bothers you.

2. Her behavior bothers you because______ (give her at least 3 good reasons why it bothers you).

3. Because you value her friendship, you would truly appreciate it if she would at least consider ____ (give her at least 3 suggestions, e.g., discussing a topic both of you are passionate about, trying to find a solution to a problem that's near and dear to her heart, trying to figure out ways to make the world suck just a little bit less, etc.) rather than drinking to excess/getting drunk/getting hammered when she's around you.

Now go and Release the Kraken !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zIR2rvRQ
"RELease the Medusa".....

vision of Medusa cracked kraken up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships