Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:36 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times

Advertisements

I met this girl and we went out on a few dates...like 2 dates.

She invites me to a pool party at her place, I bring a couple of beers but she is hammered. Thing was she was drinking wine earlier, before my arrival.

That incident reminded me of the one with a former flame who was drinking scotch heavily on a meeting.

My question is:

Do you mind if a friend tells you about your drinking? Like telling you as a friend to get easy on the booze? or is it a "no, no".

I mean, I care for my friends, and I will tell her one time and one time alone...hey get easy with the drinking, but often I found out, some women don't like advice.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 12:40 PM

718 posts, read 615,849 times
I wouldn't say anything. She's an adult, she can do what she wants. As long as it does not interfere with your safety or hers, then I would simply let her have a good time, make sure she gets home safely and never call her again.

If she is getting wasted and messed up with men she hardly knows, she's probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Telling behaviour.

As for friends, depends on the type of relationship. If you're close, then I don't see why not. But if you're mainly drinking buddies, or social acquaintances, I would just leave it alone. Some people can be touchy with their booze.

Of course, so long as no ones' safety or well-being is at risk.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
If you've only been out on 2 dates, you're not her friend, yet, unless you knew her before you started dating.

It's not really about "women don't like advice". It's very much about the fact that alcoholics don't like to be told what to do.

In any case, this doesn't sound like a good match. Why continue pursuing it?

Old 04-07-2015, 12:55 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post

Do you mind if a friend tells you about your drinking? Like telling you as a friend to get easy on the booze?
I'd have kicked you out if you said anything to me about my drinking in my own home. If you don't like drinking, then don't hang out with drinkers.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I met this girl and we went out on a few dates...like 2 dates.

She invites me to a pool party at her place, I bring a couple of beers but she is hammered. Thing was she was drinking wine earlier, before my arrival.

That incident reminded me of the one with a former flame who was drinking scotch heavily on a meeting.

My question is:

Do you mind if a friend tells you about your drinking? Like telling you as a friend to get easy on the booze? or is it a "no, no".

I mean, I care for my friends, and I will tell her one time and one time alone...hey get easy with the drinking, but often I found out, some women don't like advice.

What do you think?

If she was drinking and having fun at a party, mind your own business.

If it's an ongoing occurrence and this person is your friend, say something.

If it's an ongoing occurrence and you've only been on a few dates, probably best to end it because she may have a problem.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:03 PM

81 posts, read 88,046 times
I tend to not get involved with women who drink a lot. I am in my late 30's and it's not a very good look to be falling down drunk at that age.

You're not 21 anymore, act your age. I drink socially, but don't get wasted anymore. If you want to do that, fine, but I will be looking elsewhere. Sounds like you should too... or if you just want a social lay, I am sure she is down with that... hit it for a while

Old 04-07-2015, 01:05 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
You did learn something important about her. If your not into her style of partying, it's probably not a good match. However, just more on, it's not your place as a date to reprimand her drinking.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
She was at her own house and I guess figured she can do as she pleases. You know, considering she was at HER own house and all.

If you aren't OK with it, then don't hang out with her anymore. It's your choice

Choices are a good thing.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:11 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
People who have to drink to have fun often have two personalities and lots of other things they often have difficulty managing.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:16 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
People who have to drink to have fun often have two personalities and lots of other things they often have difficulty managing.

This is true, but we only know that these two women got drunk once. We don't know that they make a habit of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships