Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 06:06 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

OMG, I swear I'm not creeping on women's profiles, but here's another one--and I swear I have only read 4 or 5! I'm starting to feel sorry for men!

Quote:
Honesty, loyal, I'm sorry but I don't date blacks just my preference. Don't ask for pics, if you talk nasty you will be blocked. I'm truthful and I would appreciate the same treatment. I can take the truth. I have 2 awesome boys that are my life! I'm not into all the drama. Don't need it nor do I want it. Anything else just ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 08:21 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
I read women profiles too and I am usually shocked at some of the things they say, as well as some of their photos.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OMG, I swear I'm not creeping on women's profiles, but here's another one--and I swear I have only read 4 or 5! I'm starting to feel sorry for men!

I've read my share of those profiles online. It's sad, but it's their preference.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:17 AM

29 posts, read 23,224 times
I used online dating just once. Christian Mingle. Two hours filling out a profile, answering questions and all that. It was a free trial. I had four responses, two from much older men, another from a guy who used nothing but emoticons and abbreviations in his chats and finally a guy that seemed perfect. We chatted for two weeks, agreed to meet and ended up dating for six months- until I found out that he was gay and I was just a cover so no one on his job would find out.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,912,806 times
stepka a lot of online dating is about reading between the lines too. That example is what I'd call an easy, but counter intuitive profile. Probably not long term material, but you could have her in bed in 1 to 3 dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I just thought about the statement about hooking up and it's pretty sad. In my parts I see women who come back online pregnant and they're talking about how they don't want a guy that doesn't have his life together. She's obviously been fooled by the guy that got her pregnant, since he's not in the picture, so she wants another guy to help her with herself and her unborn child. The system is broken, because humans are broken.
I was amazed at how many women I've met in the south that don't use birth control or even double click their mice based on religious grounds.

Then you have some who are interested in popping out as many kids as they can so they can work the system (thankfully these people are few in number) because it leads to a better life for them than whatever low wage, low security job they can land in the area.

A really big surprise was how young people here got married (no matter how unattractive it seemed) and how quick they were willing to cheat.

Add all that up and it's a recipe for some less then savory situations.

Of course one of the best ways to go isn't online at all, but through the good old standbys like the supermarket, friends, church, and in this area (oddly enough) the hiking trails.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
stepka a lot of online dating is about reading between the lines too. That example is what I'd call an easy, but counter intuitive profile. Probably not long term material, but you could have her in bed in 1 to 3 dates.

I was amazed at how many women I've met in the south that don't use birth control or even double click their mice based on religious grounds.

Then you have some who are interested in popping out as many kids as they can so they can work the system (thankfully these people are few in number) because it leads to a better life for them than whatever low wage, low security job they can land in the area.

A really big surprise was how young people here got married (no matter how unattractive it seemed) and how quick they were willing to cheat.

Of course one of the best ways to go isn't online at all, but through the good old standbys like the supermarket, friends, church, and in this area (oddly enough) the hiking trails.
I live in Arkansas where families appear to start at much younger ages. I don't think many get pregnant on purpose, they just don't view children as a big responsibility, because they're having the children young themselves. There's so many women that have 1-2 kid by the time they're 23-25 years old. For the ones that never had a relationship with their child(ren) father, they tend to be low wage earners. The most popular job for them is a CNA.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:02 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post

No, no, no, and no. Universally, those are not good places to meet potential dates. Heck no. I don't attend church and my friends are married women, whose friends are pretty much married couples. And the store... what is this, a rom-com film? Meet a compatible mate in the produce section while picking out my kale.

Negative.

OLD is a great and effective tool for many people. It helps them weed out incompatible people from the get-go. I would not have that ability in non-OLD settings. The weeding out process would take far too long, and waste both parties' time.

Plus, I like knowing even the little things that apparently many OKCers were clueless about. Like whether the sun is bigger than the earth, and key questions about lifestyle, politics, ideologies, that would take too damn long to flesh out. It could take weeks or months to flesh out these things, when I can know them from the start by using the tool that is OLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I live in Arkansas where families appear to start at much younger ages. I don't think many get pregnant on purpose, they just don't view children as a big responsibility, because they're having the children young themselves. There's so many women that have 1-2 kid by the time they're 23-25 years old. For the ones that never had a relationship with their child(ren) father, they tend to be low wage earners. The most popular job for them is a CNA.
I think one's success has a lot to do with their preferences, ideology and their location and whether there are matches in the area that meet key criteria.

My husband had a difficult time finding other nontheists in the area. Even here in Nor Cal. There are a lot of "spiritual" women who are into uber trendy things like yoga, Eastern practices, New Age practices, etc., but he was unable to really identify with these potential matches. Too much woo for him. While I'm not hard a metaphysical naturalist, I am not wed to these sort of spiritual practices.

By the same token, a nontheist/non-religious person in a non-metro area would suck a lot. Even So Cal was just okay because the culture and dating culture/scene is very different from other metro areas.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 AM

609 posts, read 615,482 times
When people say that meeting at a grocery store is the thing to do I just assume they know nothing about dating. Because...are you serious?

Old 04-20-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
When people say that meeting at a grocery store is the thing to do I just assume they know nothing about dating. Because...are you serious?
I've never been hit on at a grocery store before. We either worked for the same organization, we went to college together, we were setup by friends, or we met via online. When I'm at the grocery store, I'm there to shop, not focus on attracting a woman. That appears to be what most other people are doing at the grocery store too. I wouldn't complain if I met someone that way, but it just seems a little creepy to me.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
I have never once gotten a date at the grocery store tho I did get asked out at the goodwill a few weeks ago. Found a bf on a hiking trail but that was years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships