Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Basically.

I don't know a single guy who can get it on multiple times a day. I believe men have something called a 'refractory period', which is absent in a lot of women. So biologically speaking, if anything, women have an advantage when it comes to higher libidos.

Also, I think sex drive has more to do with your health than anything else. I find that people who eat right, exercise and have a healthy lifestyle, tend to have a lot more sex. I don't think it's a gender thing, or even a social conditioning issue. It really comes down to your health.
^ we exist.

I've had one GF who could "keep up with me"
And she couldn't over say.... A weeks period.
(a 2nd could, but tapped out after about 3 days as a rule.)

And yes, health has a lot to do with it. The better shape I'm in, the better it is.

I've met a lot of women who THOUGHT they had a high sex drive.
And it's been my experience that women have. A higher sex drive around 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:04 AM

545 posts, read 632,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's obvious. Because most every women has several people they can call/text if they want to get it on. They don't need to go to strangers. I don't have a single female friend that doesn't have at least one, most more than one, guy they can booty call when they have an itch.
lol and women complain that men only use them for sex?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:07 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If men got pregnant or were as vulnerable to STDs and physical attacks, maybe.
Anybody can get STDs not just women. As for pregnancy, its not like men can just shake the dust off their hands and move on specially in 1st world countries where wage garnishment or whatever is called can get any guy who wants to flee responsibility. Still, there is a thing called "birth control" and if women really have a sex drive as high as men they would simply look for ways to protect themselves and do it. A man is not invincible to attacks, STDs, unwanted pregnancies, etc. and will still look for a way to enjoy sex. Even women have admitted they don't have to put any kind of effort whatsoever, money, or romancing to get sex unlike guys. Supply and demand. Women simply don't have that sex drive and testosterone as men.

Like someone said, it's relative. A woman saying "I want sex often" doesn't necessarily mean the same if a man said "I want sex often". What is "often" for a woman is not the same "often" for men generally speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's obvious. Because most every women has several people they can call/text if they want to get it on. They don't need to go to strangers. I don't have a single female friend that doesn't have at least one, most more than one, guy they can booty call when they have an itch.

Plus, the idea of just randomly asking people is freaking crazy, and maybe women are less crazy, or just less desperate (see above).
^^^

Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
lol and women complain that men only use them for sex?

Not the ones I know. Men and women both have FBs and use each other for sex. If it is on the up and up, as it is between mature people, there is nothing bad about it.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:16 AM

545 posts, read 632,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
A man is not invincible to attacks, STDs, unwanted pregnancies, etc. and will still look for a way to enjoy sex.
Aside from a guy ending too quickly, why is it so dependent on the guy for the girl to enjoy sex?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:19 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Aside from a guy ending too quickly, why is it so dependent on the guy for the girl to enjoy sex?

Say what? It's pretty dependent on both people making sure the other feels good. It is kind of the entire point of having sex. Two people (or more) making each other feel good.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:23 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
OP, this is a statistical problem. Is "high", say 1 or 2 standard deviations away from the mean of your definition of the average sex drive? Then, if you know the population size you are sampling, the type of distribution from which you are sampling (I would start with the log normal), the mean and standard deviation of the population (guess), you can estimate the sample size you need to over-sample the tail of the log normal distribution.

My experience, without statistics: 3/57.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:23 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
I wonder as well. But its not just with sex, problems in the relationship seem to all point at men. If a woman doesn't want to have sex then the man should romance her, pamper her, take care of her, understand her, be sensitive towards her needs, do house chores, etc. If a man doesn't want sex...he's wrong. And same with other relationship issues as you can see around here.

Not sure why a woman's sex drive or how she enjoys it depends on how great the guy is in and out of bed as female posters have commented here. Gotta blame someone, huh?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:54 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
How high is high? In my experience, about one in five wants sex daily, and continue to want it that often even after the initial "falling in love" hormones wear off after a year or two.

In the first year or so, most people experience higher than baseline desire - after that, what you get is their baseline libido, which will depend a lot more on the quality of the relationship than on mainly hormones. Even great relationships often see a significant drop at that point.
Good point. I think for both men and women, this is true, but women generally (I speak as one) have a larger "dropoff" after that honeymoon phase ends.

I do think my libido is on the high side, since my baseline is still about 3-5X per week after all these years married to my hubby. If anything it's probably equal to or higher than my husband's. That was true in past relationships as well, even when I was younger and less adventurous. When fully single, my libido was a bit lower, but not by much (and since I rarely did the FWB/ONS thing, I normally would only be "taking care of business" on my own).

I'd say my libido is on the higher side, at least compared to most married SAHM's in their late 30s.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:00 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,021 times
I'm one of them. The sad part due to me not being not very physically attractive and socially awkward, getting a man to interest me without just sex is difficult to come by. I refuse to a man's booty call.

And yes, being physically attractive is part of the game. Anyone who says otherwise is full of baloney. Even many "plain Janes" are better looking than I am.

i'll admit I refuse to be with a guy who has a "tiny package".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships