Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:13 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
okay, you got me, my bad. that "quote" was buried fairly deep into the segment and i think at that point i had just lost interest in the dialogue. on second passing i do recall none of the advice given had any value, in fact now seems like they were in the script as buzz worthy rules for pop culture (popular consumption). almost like they were you could make it into a clip for a movie trailer.

but i did another pass and figured out that these were gems the rules originated from, which is fairly descent rules for women to attract men. i'd re-order them though. anyways, thanks for the correction, and i also don't always read every posts, just those of interest, which is why i read yours. have a good day.

Rule#1: don't try to change a man

Rule#2: find him interesting even if you have to fake it.

Rule#3: men are very visual.... show some skin, get his attention in you physically; always present an allure of sexual availability

Rule#4: don't ***** or nag, it's a very unattractive quality for men

Rule#5: men do prefer long hair
Rules for attracting women

1. Don't try to change her.
2. Try to find her interesting.
3. Women are visual too. Maintain that ish. Take care of yourself.
4. Don't ***** or nag. Also don't be bossy.
5. Women prefer well groomed hair, please take care of that. In fact, just be well groomed in general.

The rules are pretty much the same and are not gender related. People care about looks, being accepted, want to be interesting, and not be nagged. (Yes, men can ***** and nag. It's not attractive in either gender.)
It's a myth that women don't care about looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post

5. Women prefer well groomed hair, please take care of that. In fact, just be well groomed in general.

The rules are pretty much the same and are not gender related. People care about looks, being accepted, want to be interesting, and not be nagged. (Yes, men can ***** and nag. It's not attractive in either gender.)
haha, you again. someone please throw away these mutant seeds that grow up thinking men and women are the same except for anatomy. nothing could be further from the truth from an evolutionary psychology, anthropological, biological and medical perspective.

if that's the case, women don't need men, go lesbian.

and yes, i do believe women NEED men, it's hard wired, despite the gender advocacy dogma. even collectively to establish police powers in public regulation of male conduct, for which they could not be Ms. Independent without.

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 04-14-2015 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I didn't say that. I don't think that. That's what the video says. That's point #4. I didn't phrase it very well; M3 misunderstood too.

And they fall in love at the end?? This is why I loathe most romcoms.
They won't in any romcom I write. Heck, I'll base it on CD. Yes, folks, you are my source material. MUAH HA HA HA HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I understood what you meant from your first post. I think some people are just trying to stir things up. What else is new?
Really. All the usual suspects, too. Hypersensitive theater, to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post

1. Pretty much. Only one man has ever tried to change me. I can't stand the thought of him even now. Narcissistic, insecure little toad.

2. If he doesn't find me interesting, not sure why he'd be with me.

3. Definitely. In fact, that's my first rule: I have to want to see him naked. If I don't, he's just a friend.

4. See Item 1.

5. See Item 3. Grooming and hygiene. I am dismayed that men my age are starting to buy into the hipster lumbersexual beardo look. Hint: It's on its way out, so you may as well skip trying to emulate young guys in an attempt to recapture your youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
"... in my playgroup ..."

Well now, Lilac110, that sounds intriguing! Care to enlighten us?
Ha! It sounds more interesting than it is. It's just a term for "dating pool." I'm early Gen-X, so my pool is early Gen-X/late Boomer. I typically go for ages 42 to 52, though I have yet to date someone in his 50s since my last major relationship ended.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:57 PM

709 posts, read 765,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
They won't in any romcom I write. Heck, I'll base it on CD.
You're too late; someone beat you to it. It was called "The 40-Year Old Virgin."

Quote:
2. If he doesn't find me interesting, not sure why he'd be with me.
Don't know about your particular case, but in general it has to do with a certain 3 letter word. Those letters, in no particular order, are S, E, and X.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:58 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,311,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Thanks for using my post opposing misandry as a means to talk **** about women. That was classy.
Maybe not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I sincerely apologize. I reread your post.
but this certainly was! +5

Old 04-14-2015, 02:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
okay, you got me, my bad. that "quote" was buried fairly deep into the segment and i think at that point i had just lost interest in the dialogue.
Right. So a simple "no" would have sufficed.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:37 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,671,343 times
Men and women use love and sex. Men use love, or fake it, to get sex. Women use sex to get what they perceive as love.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
this certainly was! +5
Indeed!

Old 04-14-2015, 02:58 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
Quote:
haha, you again. someone please throw away these mutant seeds that grow up thinking men and women are the same except for anatomy. nothing could be further from the truth from an evolutionary psychology, anthropological, biological and medical perspective.

if that's the case, women don't need men, go lesbian.

and yes, i do believe women NEED men, it's hard wired, despite the gender advocacy dogma. even collectively to establish police powers in public regulation of male conduct, for which they could not be Ms. Independent without.
I dont think men and women are the same in several areas. However the ideas that were stated to attract a male are the same for women. Some women need men, and some don't. Some men need women and some don't. Some people remain happily single their whole life.Everyone needs a man/woman to procreate though.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
You're too late; someone beat you to it. It was called "The 40-Year Old Virgin."

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Don't know about your particular case, but in general it has to do with a certain 3 letter word. Those letters, in no particular order, are S, E, and X.
Then he's a five-letter word: M-O-R-O-N because he's not getting any. But he can pay for my dinner if he's under the mistaken impression it will help his cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships