Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a man who is a bad dancer, dance anyway in the eyes of a woman he is interested in?
Yes - the effort counts more 15 68.18%
No - bad dancing is too much of a turnoff, he's best to not bother 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:30 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,591,692 times

Advertisements

Women (in general) love to dance, and seem to like a man who can dance. At least my wife does. I've become an OK dancer but nothing great.

Poll time.

If a guy is just an absolutely horrible dancer, but he dances anyway, is it a positive in that he's making the effort and putting himself out there, or does him being a bad dancer turn you off to the point it overrides any benefit from him putting himself out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,161,575 times
Depends. if we're slow dancing and he's stepping on my feet, then no the effort means nothing-I think of Lucy trying to teach a teenager to dance, and by the end, she had to soak her feet. lol

If he likes to dance however, I wouldn't have anything to say because I, myself, don't dance. Least not since I was 8. So I wouldn't have merit to say anything. He's dancing would probably still be better than mine.

So ultimately, it'd be something I tolerated. Don't like it, but I also don't think it means he shouldn't dance if he wants to.

Last edited by HappyRain; 04-16-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 05:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,209,682 times
I have always hung out at dancing spots, all my life, and NOT ONCE EVER have I watched or judged another person dance.

Last edited by cindersslipper; 04-16-2015 at 06:58 PM..

Old 04-16-2015, 06:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,688,448 times
I'm more impressed by a guy that CAN dance.I met a friend's guy friend two weekends ago at her birthday party.He is funny, knew the words of the song, not afraid to be goofy, and had good dancing skills but was super polite.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,268,887 times
I don't dance. I know I'm a bad dancer so I'm not willing to learn. In fact, I watch my friends hit the dance floor and I watch them. I voted no.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,016,584 times
most sober white guys do the jr. high two step and get stuck on this forever,,,

add alcohol ...then its a bit different,,

dancing isn't a priority with guys,,,it comes natural to women..

altho, I do think their is a dynamic guys have to deal with women do not,,,,guys are visual,,so when women are shaking their groove thing,,, we'd rather watch than dance..

to answer your question,,,yes guys should get an A for effort..

Old 04-16-2015, 07:01 PM

8,917 posts, read 7,667,821 times
Yeah I can't dance myself so it doesn't matter.

Slow dances I can do. I wouldn't want him to go out and make a scene where everyone is laughing at him unless he wants to be entertainment.

If he still likes to dance I would let him have it...I wouldn't be out there with him though lol.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,884,031 times
The difference between a good dancer and a bad one is merely inhibition really. If you're confident in who you are, just don't give a rip, and walk out their and own it, you can very easily be "perceived" as being a good dancer. When's the last time you saw a bad confident dancer (minus people over 60)? That was a joke but I assume most folks are like me and perceive confident people, no matter their age, as good dancers. I just like to see people enjoying themselves

It's not until I started traveling for work that I learned generally guys didn't dance! There must have been something in the water back home because it was no joke 70% guys to 30% women growing up. Guys HAD to dance, HAD to peacock to even get a glance.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:04 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
it comes natural to women..
It really doesn't. I think dancing is important for people who like to dance, but for the rest of us it's not a big deal. Though I do have to say that I was surprised by a guy who I danced with at a recent wedding, because he actually knew how to dance. He wasn't just rocking back and forth.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:13 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,043,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Women (in general) love to dance, and seem to like a man who can dance. At least my wife does. I've become an OK dancer but nothing great.

Poll time.

If a guy is just an absolutely horrible dancer, but he dances anyway, is it a positive in that he's making the effort and putting himself out there, or does him being a bad dancer turn you off to the point it overrides any benefit from him putting himself out there?
Its not necessary for guys to be into dancing, but I think generally, its a positive.
He's having a good time, and not worrying about what others might be thinking. confidence is always attractive.
....and if the music suits, and he pulls out an air guitar move, thats also a plus

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 04-16-2015 at 08:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships