Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
No. When an above average/hot girl is lonely, she is just being picky. There are a few good looking girls in my area and my friends always tell me to ask them out. I respond to them by saying, " dude, these girls have a list of guys they are considering. They aren't just single and waiting for a guy to ask them out. You have to be on her list".
I've been seeing this word being thrown around a lot.

Define "picky."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:39 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
No. When an above average/hot girl is lonely, she is just being picky. There are a few good looking girls in my area and my friends always tell me to ask them out. I respond to them by saying, " dude, these girls have a list of guys they are considering. They aren't just single and waiting for a guy to ask them out. You have to be on her list".
You won't know what is on each girl's "list" until you try to ask them out or talk to them. You just assume you do, which is ridiculous.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:55 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
You won't know what is on each girl's "list" until you try to ask them out or talk to them. You just assume you do, which is ridiculous.
He's spot on. Women who are very attractive are not single. They always have a man or two in the wings.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:23 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
He's spot on. Women who are very attractive are not single. They always have a man or two in the wings.
Again, SO not true! I currently have no men anywhere. Ridiculous statement. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvincline47 View Post
No, it's 100% spot on. If a female is perpetually single, she is usually either way too picky, has some major personality issues, or is not good-looking.

Attractive females always have a TON of guys chasing them, no matter where they live.
This

Old 05-05-2015, 12:50 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvincline47 View Post
No, it's 100% spot on. If a female is perpetually single, she is usually either way too picky, has some major personality issues, or is not good-looking.

Attractive females always have a TON of guys chasing them, no matter where they live.
I don't disagree that those things could be true, but it might also be that she's not interested in anyone right now for whatever reason (and doesn't notice the guys chasing her or is not really into the guys chasing her). That's why I say, never hurts to strike up a conversation. She might not be looking, but that doesn't mean you might not catch her attention if you are her kind of guy. And if you aren't her type of guy, what have you lost other than a few minutes of your time?

And I don't think that perpetually single also means not good-looking. My sister-in-law had no boyfriends before my brother. She's not ugly in the least bit, she's a cute strawberry blonde with a sweet disposition. She was just a combination of very shy and very much into her education and then career before they met. Now they are married, have a child and are very happy together. They both seem to think they are lucky to have each other.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I don't disagree that those things could be true, but it might also be that she's not interested in anyone right now for whatever reason (and doesn't notice the guys chasing her). That's why I say, never hurts to strike up a conversation. She might not be looking, but that doesn't mean you might not catch her attention if you are her kind of guy. And if you aren't her type of guy, what have you lost other than a few minutes of your time?

And I don't think that perpetually single also means not good-looking. My sister-in-law had no boyfriends before my brother. She's not ugly in the least bit, she's a cute strawberry blonde with a sweet disposition. She was just a combination of very shy and very much into her education and then career before they met. Now they are married, have a child and are very happy together. They both seem to think they are lucky to have each other.
What have I lost? A few minutes of my life that I'll never get back. My belief is that the majority of women are not single. Therefore, it's useless to try talking to them. I've had experiences that make my statement a fact.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:10 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
What have I lost? A few minutes of my life that I'll never get back. My belief is that the majority of women are not single. Therefore, it's useless to try talking to them. I've had experiences that make my statement a fact.

Do you get cooties by talking to non single women? I don't know about you, but I can have great conversations and make connections with non single people.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:11 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
If that's the way you feel about things and that's your experience, it's perfectly valid and that's your business. But for me, I don't feel that it's a loss any worse than spending time writing on a forum, standing in line at the grocery store, sitting in traffic, or anything else that eats time like that. Talking to someone (for me anyway) even if it's a stranger I will never see again isn't a waste of time, it's a way to make time more enjoyable--better than staring at a phone for certain. I never find it useless talking to another human being. I might not end up dating the person, but I've learned a lot of interesting things along the way and just talking to random people has started many an interesting (in a good way) experiences in my life too.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:14 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I don't disagree that those things could be true, but it might also be that she's not interested in anyone right now for whatever reason (and doesn't notice the guys chasing her or is not really into the guys chasing her). That's why I say, never hurts to strike up a conversation. She might not be looking, but that doesn't mean you might not catch her attention if you are her kind of guy. And if you aren't her type of guy, what have you lost other than a few minutes of your time?

Thank you for breaking it down.

Folks don't understand even when guys give us attention or hit on us....they assume we sit on a throne soaking it up like we're in some old 90s tv show or something; when in reality it either annoys us, makes us feel worse, or it's just pointless. My point...you can still feel lonely with people around you. If it's not the person you want or you are not interested in any of them....it doesn't matter. Doesn't mean you're picky or you're looking for the top dog.

The guys saying negative things about attractive women, THEY are the ones who give them the attention. So why complain or talk junk about it? That's what confuses me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships