Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:34 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times

Advertisements

good for that fellow

something wrong with older women with some money in the bank?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 06:11 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Um,, I can speak as a woman over 40. That sure as heck wasn't the case, there were men everywhere and a good amount well to do, "normal" ones.
I think they think we shrivel up and look like prunes after 40.

Only criminals and users find us attractive.

Some young people get with much much older people for various reasons. It's not the norm, but it's not something that's too extreme.

For whatever reason he likes older women and they like him. You may not understand or like it OP, but it's his choice.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,123,691 times
I can speak from personal experience because my older brother is one of those men. He's lazy and wants to be kept. He's in his 60's and has done this several times over the past ten years and it was so obvious to us as his siblings.

We couldn't believe it when he was seeing a lady that was probably close to 80 and then she got sick and he would go to the nursing home and then to visit her at her house. She lived with her nephew and he set my brother straight because he knew what he was up to.

The last woman he dated was actually younger than him, but she had her own business. It took her a couple of months to see his true colors. She was going on a cruise with a girlfriend and he felt that she should take him and foot the bill!

The roles are just changing. Women have been doing this with men for years. I'll agree that some women might honestly love a man 20 years older than she is, but c'mon, even with those that might start out loving him, I think eventually she's gonna look elsewhere if his plumbing starts to go. Anything over 20 years IMO is a true golddigger and the man has to be aware of that and is basically paying for arm candy.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:33 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
I know an individual that is single(no children) Early 40's . Nice looking guy...however I am noticing a trend with him. It seems that he likes older women that are not married. He wines and dine them, takes them out....manages to move in with them after they have dated... I notice that females are always the primary bread winner within the relationship. The females are very well off financially....Maybe Im thinking too hard...But it just seems that seems like his ammo....Excuse the naivety, but are there men out there that prey on women like this?
What's with this place that paints men in such bad light? I'm attracted to older women. I married one. What's wrong with that? Financially, I couldn't care less if she made more than me. You use the term "prey" as if there is some sort of victim in this situation...

Women do this all the time... they go after the more established (financially yes) and older gentlemen. That's ok.. but flip it around and its not?

Yeh... men simply can't win here. Too young.. too old... whatever... I suggest some of us need to get off our high horse and look in the mirror.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:55 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
What a sexist thing to call what this man is doing is "preying" on older women. These are fully adult women who know what they're doing. Are you suggesting that women are weak and emotionally immature? Consider that these women may very much enjoy dating a younger man. There are lots of profiles on dating sites that make it clear that the women want to date younger, and not older men. And its sexist to consider that there is something wrong with a man dating older women who are financially well off. Women do this all the time and nobody considers it preying on the men. If women do this its fine, but if men do it then they're viscous animals?

Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,803,781 times
Let me shed some more light on this...before he met this woman. He had an older woman in a different state...He stayed with her and for whatever reason broke up and he moved on. He moved to the state that I'm currently in, met a new woman whom he wined and dined and then moved in with her. She kicked him out about 2yrs. ago because he cheated, plus he wasn't working. (reason I know all this, is that he's friends with my brother, and I was kind of interested, Until my brother let me know the deal).Just found out this older woman has decided to take him back and he's currently moving back in with her.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
I know an individual that is single(no children) Early 40's . Nice looking guy...however I am noticing a trend with him. It seems that he likes older women that are not married. He wines and dine them, takes them out....manages to move in with them after they have dated... I notice that females are always the primary bread winner within the relationship. The females are very well off financially....Maybe Im thinking too hard...But it just seems that seems like his ammo....Excuse the naivety, but are there men out there that prey on women like this?
LOL... ammo? You mean M.O.?

Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
How old is he? 40? 30? What are we talking, here?

Yes, there are guys like that out there. I've been warned about guys like that by other guys. I've never run into any, but guys say they're out there, and that any woman who owns her own home, whether she has lot of money or not, can end up being used by them. What I don't understand is, how can these guys assume the woman will fall for them? It's not about wining and dining, it's about being a good match. That's not so easy to do, unless these guys are good chameleons, and adapt themselves to what they perceive the woman wants. But that's not going to work with everyone. A fair number of women would see through that.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
I've dated older men and haven't had a problem so far. If someone will allow themselves to be used by anyone, they can be. A relationship is based on trust. I'm personally not someone that can get instantly "glued" to someone out of desperation. My problem is being overly independent. It has nothing to do with money. I don't have the temperament for BS. My (real) mother and sister are that way as well.

My last relationship was to someone older (17 years) best friend anyone could ever ask for. He passed. We were together for 15 years.

My best friend at age 13 was 73 years old. I could do younger as well. It's the person, not the age.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-17-2015 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 08:08 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
What's with this place that paints men in such bad light? I'm attracted to older women. I married one. What's wrong with that? Financially, I couldn't care less if she made more than me. You use the term "prey" as if there is some sort of victim in this situation...

Women do this all the time... they go after the more established (financially yes) and older gentlemen. That's ok.. but flip it around and its not?

Yeh... men simply can't win here. Too young.. too old... whatever... I suggest some of us need to get off our high horse and look in the mirror.
Sweet. There is certainly nothing wrong with older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships