Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:16 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,713,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
I know an individual that is single(no children) Early 40's . Nice looking guy...however I am noticing a trend with him. It seems that he likes older women that are not married. He wines and dine them, takes them out....manages to move in with them after they have dated... I notice that females are always the primary bread winner within the relationship. The females are very well off financially....Maybe Im thinking too hard...But it just seems that seems like his ammo....Excuse the naivety, but are there men out there that prey on women like this?
Do you mean his M.O. (modus operandi) or "ammo" as in, he uses his youth and sex appeal as "ammo" to get these women? (though the term "ammo" would belong here) Sorry, just having a little fun. I couldn't resist. LOL.

Though it may seem so on the surface to you, I doubt that these women are being preyed upon. They know what they want. They know what they like. They have the means to get it, and they are getting it, so what's the harm, as long as nobody is lying about their true intentions? Consenting adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 08:22 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,788,909 times
My brother says that he's a user....but I unlike my brother is not going to judge....

Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How old is he? 40? 30? What are we talking, here?

Yes, there are guys like that out there. I've been warned about guys like that by other guys. I've never run into any, but guys say they're out there, and that any woman who owns her own home, whether she has lot of money or not, can end up being used by them. What I don't understand is, how can these guys assume the woman will fall for them? It's not about wining and dining, it's about being a good match. That's not so easy to do, unless these guys are good chameleons, and adapt themselves to what they perceive the woman wants. But that's not going to work with everyone. A fair number of women would see through that.
She is 55 he is 40

Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,713,282 times
Quote:
She is 55 he is 40
I don't think you're giving the 55 year old woman enough credit. You make her sound like maybe 85. Let me just tell you this. A 50-something woman, who has been alone for a long time will make certain adjustments in her expectations so that she can have someone in her life who makes her happy. That does not mean the man is using her. Maybe she just wants companionship or whatever, and she knows the relationship will be short-lived. What is the woman supposed to do? She is highly desirable, and men her own age are pursuing younger partners; and some fifty-something men, if they do happen upon a woman their own age and their dating works out, actually resist marriage.

Last edited by laorbust61; 04-17-2015 at 08:57 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 08:35 AM

102,096 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
She is 55 he is 40
hmm.... I can see that, now. He has a good gig going on. At that age, some women would be up for a younger guy. So, instead of being employed, he does this for a living? Does he pay rent on his own place anywhere?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:01 AM

My brother said that when the previous gf kicked him out, he had to move back home with the parents. He doesn't own a place of his own.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:05 AM

51,964 posts, read 52,393,874 times
It's a little on the sleazy side of things, especially if it's a pattern with someone.

I do know that at times people can genuinely fall in love and care about someone if there is an age gap, but I think for the most part those women might have had some inclination about him. I mean if they are smart, educated and financially successfully, they aren't stupid. They most likely chose to ignore their doubts and like you mentioned, were lonely so they said screw it, a handsome younger man is paying them attention. I guess that's enough for some people.

I personally don't believe in big age differences, not crapping on people who do, I just in my heart of hearts don't believe that a 22 yr old woman really has that much interest in a guy who's late 40's and beyond. I mean they may, but really..... I think people need to be more on par in life and more equal in terms of life experience for things to truly click.

I know I know... I'll get reps telling me I'm wrong... LOL..... that's fine...

Are there exceptions, of course.... I just don't think that they are the rule.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
My brother said that when the previous gf kicked him out, he had to move back home with the parents. He doesn't own a place of his own.
That makes sense. So he doesn't have an income at all. This is the kind of guy other guys warn women about, lol! (And I think that in most cases, a big age difference isn't involved.) But I think some of the posters are right, that some women know what they're getting themselves into with these types, and are ok with it. Others may not be so realistic, and may have rose-colored gasses on, idk. Does he have any skills to offer, like does he do handyman stuff around the house, change the oil on their car, or work on the yard?

Old 04-17-2015, 09:18 AM

He takes care of the dogs, cleans house. My brother says that he's in the process of looking for a job. My brother says that he's a user but user is such a strong word.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
He takes care of the dogs, cleans house. My brother says that he's in the process of looking for a job. My brother says that he's a user but user is such a strong word.
haha! Well, that strong word pretty much describes it. It's not like he's heartbroken when these women throw him out. But that's good if he's seriously looking for a job, not just half-heartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships