Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times

Advertisements

op: dude, y u txt me evry othr day

guy: i dnt wnt u whinin bout smotherin u

op: k, y u take 45 min to rspond?

guy: dat cricket prepay is a bytch

op: eww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 02:54 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
op: dude, y u txt me evry othr day

guy: i dnt wnt u whinin bout smotherin u

op: k, y u take 45 min to rspond?

guy: dat cricket prepay is a bytch

op: eww
I do not know anyone that texts like that.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:59 PM

356 posts, read 365,382 times
My ex use to give me bleep about that...so I started texting her right away after she texted me.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I do not know anyone that texts like that.
just for effect

but i'm sure you can find an example of something similar

Old 04-18-2015, 03:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
it doesn't bother me at all, although I would like to hear from him every day......I just find it funny - it's like he's holding himself back from texting me every day and deliberately sending one every other day.

If it truly did not bother you at all you would not have started a thread about it and you would not have stated "although I would like to hear from him every day".....

Mr. CSD doesn't call for a couple days when he is traveling at times, it depends on where he is, what he is doing and how good cell service is.
Unless he is fishing for the weekend or in Canada, then I don't hear from him from Friday around noon until Monday morning.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:13 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,566 times
I am having that with a girl I met from online dating. Been on 2 dates, and texting me 6 times a day. I dont want to be rude, but come on. I work. Its annoying.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmm many many grown-ups do.

Many babyboomers don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I agree.....I so much prefer texts to phone calls. Heck...I finally have my 73 year old mother texting and she's amazed at how convenient it iseems for some things . If my husband or daughter actually call the first thing do is panic and think 'what is wrong?' as we have mostly texted for over 15 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For better or worse, that's pretty much how most people communicate nowadays.
Not me. And I'm not a Baby Boomer.

Texting is for "train is running late, be there in 10 minutes" or "at the grocery, need me to pick up anything?" NOT carrying on relationships, sorting out issues, or inferring a whole heck of a lot other than level of neediness--as in, if you bombard me with texts, you're going to come off as clingy on one hand, unable to think on your feet in a real conversation on the other, and I'm not going to engage it anyway, so don't do it. (And I tell people that, too. If they want a text buddy or someone who is okay with them constantly interrupting their day and demanding attention to prattle on about absolutely nothing of consequence, they need to find someone with less going on in her brain, work, and life than I have.)

The guy in question sounds like he has it about right, the occasional, casual message to let her know he thought of her, with the real communication going on in person on dates. That's how it should be.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:34 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
it doesn't bother me at all, although I would like to hear from him every day......I just find it funny - it's like he's holding himself back from texting me every day and deliberately sending one every other day.
If you'd like to hear from him every day then why don't you text him on the days he doesn't? Simple as that. Get tired of it always being up to the guy to initiate everything.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:38 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not me. And I'm not a Baby Boomer.

Texting is for "train is running late, be there in 10 minutes" or "at the grocery, need me to pick up anything?"
NOT carrying on relationships, sorting out issues, or inferring a whole heck of a lot other than level of neediness--as in, if you bombard me with texts, you're going to come off as clingy on one hand, unable to think on your feet in a real conversation on the other, and I'm not going to engage it anyway, so don't do it. (And I tell people that, too. If they want a text buddy or someone who is okay with them constantly interrupting their day and demanding attention to prattle on about absolutely nothing of consequence, they need to find someone with less going on in her brain, work, and life than I have.)

The guy in question sounds like he has it about right, the occasional, casual message to let her know he thought of her, with the real communication going on in person on dates. That's how it should be.
I use texting a lot. You aren't always in a position where you can talk on the phone. For instance, down time at wor, waiting in line, on the train, in a noisy area, etc.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Who's the child here? Who even notices how much time it takes for someone to text back?
Really. Or even thinks that someone should just drop what they're doing to answer, "hi, how r u?" or look at a picture of whatever the person is having for lunch. How narcissistic do you have to be to think that nonsense is interesting to someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I use texting a lot. You aren't always in a position where you can talk on the phone. For instance, down time at wor, waiting in line, on the train, in a noisy area, etc.
So then you wait until you are, when you can actually be engaged in a conversation. Are people really so scatterbrained that they need to be entertained and get attention every waking minute? They can't just stand on a line and look at the world, or sit on a train and read or listen to music? They need someone paying attention to them? Please. Call me after dinner and tell me about your day when your day is over and you have something to share, and I'll tell you about my day, too. I don't need the play-by-play of every burp and fart someone makes. It's tedious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships