Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:30 AM

237 posts, read 786,431 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever notice this while talking to someone? This guy I've been seeing has been doing this..I notice the specific pattern of texting me only every other day....I figure it's because he doesn't want to appear to eager or something. For instance, spoke to him on Wednesday, had a nice conversation, then yesterday nothing, then early this morning I get a text. It's kind of funny, actually....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:37 AM

609 posts, read 615,244 times
Yeah I have met those types. I had a guy who would only reply to me later than I replied to him. So if it took me 30 minutes to reply, he would reply back 45 minutes later. If it took me three hours, he would reply five hours later. Usually it's people who have insecurities. Really irritates me to no end. Stop being a child!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:46 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
What is wrong with that?

You'd rather have a guy texting you non-stop? No, you wouldn't. Don't kid yourselves.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 AM

609 posts, read 615,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
What is wrong with that?

You'd rather have a guy texting you non-stop? No, you wouldn't. Don't kid yourselves.
I prefer men who have grown up and don't play silly games.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:50 AM

237 posts, read 786,431 times
it doesn't bother me at all, although I would like to hear from him every day......I just find it funny - it's like he's holding himself back from texting me every day and deliberately sending one every other day.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 AM

90 posts, read 89,172 times
He could certainly be busy, seeing other women, etc. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Actually phone calls and time together trump "texting" anyway.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
What if he has nothing interesting to say? I won't text unless I have something interesting to tell or have a question about something.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Why people are so obsessed about texting? What about other ways of communicatin? anything wrong with meeting face to face, or talking on the phone? And why others need to be pressured to reply right away, or else is that a RED FLAG, or open room for speculations?
People who text only have hard time properly communicating with their partners. Art of meaningful conversation seems to be completely lost.
Just wonder.....

Old 04-17-2015, 08:56 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
op, you pretty much answered your own question

its all because of silly irrational behavior, gamesmanship, and pseudo psychology that goes on between men/women on a daily basis

instead of just speaking and acting freely, men/women are always trying to analyze and/or manipulate one another

"well i dont want her to think this..."

"what does he mean by that.."

"well i'm only gonna text her every 72 hrs because i dont want her to think i'm sweating her..."

"why is he smothering me..."

its all unnecessary... alot of this can be remedied by simply opening your mouth and saying whats on your mind

i almost appreciate those blabbery people that run their mouths nonstop because they usually say whats on their minds

Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I prefer men who have grown up and don't play silly games.
THIS.

Oh, my Lord..THANK YOU! I recently had a younger man approach me and ask for my number and tossed me this, "I'm so tired young women who act silly" Same guy proceeds to do NOTHING but text me. He has my number, he knows I'm single and all he wants to do is text. He is yet to ask me on a date. So he sees young women's "silliness and immaturity" but NOT his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships