Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:21 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Paying my bills on time.
Standing up for myself when I'm being done wrong.
Handling situations with no outside help.
Making critical decisions.
Going out and working 8 hours outside my home.

That is all what makes me feel like a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
Being independent, confident, strong, assertive, humble, responsible, respectful, being myself... I hope to become my definition of a woman.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
My list includes but is not limited to:

Playing with my kids. Or having them ask me for help with something.

Seeing my family's needs met.

Making my wife O.

Holding the door open for a woman (or like I did today, breaking up some shopping carts that were stuck together for a woman who was going into a grocery store).

Working hard and growing closer and closer to looking like this:

You already do!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:28 PM

833 posts, read 657,703 times
Looking at nature and animals in awe and realizing how strong it makes me feel to know I try to cause as little harm to them as possible (environmentalist, vegetarian).

Looking at vulnerable members of the society (humans and animals) and finding ways to help them makes me feel stronger than the strongest man in the world.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You already do!
You are too kind! That statue has better hair and abs. His muscles are harder than mine, too. But to be fair, I think that's because he's made of marble. I'm definitely more lively!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
You are too kind! That statue has better hair and abs. His muscles are harder than mine, too. But to be fair, I think that's because he's made of marble. I'm definitely more lively!
The "David"? Very tiny winky.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:10 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
The "David"? Very tiny winky.
He was in the pool!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:14 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
What makes you feel manly (if you are a man?) Or a womanly (if you are a woman?)....For instance, we bbq'd this past weekend and as I was standing there flipping burgers, swapping stories with the guyss, cold beer in my hand, and the sun on my face, I just felt....manly. I don't know any other feeling to describe it. I also get this feeling lifting heavy during a workout and also standing around a car bs'ing with friends as someone is working on it. I thought of these things and it made me wonder if women have a similar feeling when doing certain things?
I don't see where the "feelings" of a Man or a Woman differ any. None that matter, anyway. Everyone can have the same feelings and emotions as anyone else, Male, or Female, based on their Personality, and what they do.

Feeling that your something special compared to another being is an ego thing, or a realization of limited ability due to gender. Also common in both Male or Female. Same beings, different Hardware and Trim.

Think about it. What you wrote that made you feel like a Man, could have very well been written and felt by a Woman.

If you want a better comparison, the Peshmerga Women fighting ISIS, play the exact same role a their men do. Nothing more "Manly" than War, Combat, and Killing.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:39 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
The greatest compliment I've ever gotten from a woman was being told I make them feel comfortable and safe. An Italian student I dated several years ago told me--in her cute, halted English--that I was 'very intimidating' and that she felt 'very safe' with me (this was after I'd asked her if anyone had bothered her after I'd left her to go to the bathroom while we were out drinking one night, as I'm a tall, unfriendly-appearing black guy and she was this petite olive-skinned Italian, and we were in a bar full of white guys).

Another time a sweet co-worker to whom I was unfortunately not attracted made sure I overheard her tell another co-worker that a woman I was with would feel secure. That's great to hear from a woman, if you're the type who really would be there in that capacity--I've always favored the younger girls in my family, my nieces are like daughters to me, and as children they'd run straight to me if they felt scared or uneasy about something.

EDIT: Just read the other posts in the thread and realized it was a general question, not in terms of relationships with the opposite sex (as I assumed). I guess what makes me feel like a man is something someone posted here (I think) a couple of weeks ago--a female poster commented on how she sometimes wonders what it feels like to be a man, 'to be able to walk down a dark street at night, past a group of guys, unafraid'. It was heavy, myself and a couple of other posters were struck by that thought, which had never occurred to me.

When I'm irritated as I walk through a crowded subway train, and the crowd parts like the red sea to make way. When some random girl makes a playful comment in the streets of NY, just to get your attention. When other men respect you, and express it in various ways.

And being able to pee anywhere, anytime.

Last edited by BobCaldwell; 04-17-2015 at 10:48 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Morning woods, being able to pee standing up and missing the toilet seat; manly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships