Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
I know, come on HobokenGuy, it's 8:30 your time. What's going on!
Six minutes have passed and still nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,707,576 times
Her mom is on the phone with me. She called me out of the blue and said "don't worry".

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 PM

"This guy is a jerk, he had everyone fooled, including me. He talks a big game, but he is a little boy."

Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,584,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
"This guy is a jerk, he had everyone fooled, including me. He talks a big game, but he is a little boy."
what's going on?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM

I am on the phone with her mom. She just called me out of the blue and started talking.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,976,959 times
I bet it's all OK. Would be nice if she called you afterward

Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:
I am on the phone with her mom. She just called me out of the blue and started talking.
Did her mom suggest a full body condom? That would be a very bad sign.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did her mom suggest a full body condom? That would be a very bad sign.
are you serious or trying to be funny?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:
are you serious or trying to be funny?
How old are you? What do you think?
Listen guy its simple. You over worry and it will:
1. Turn your lady off
2. drive you nuts...
some free advice. Mom inlaws are not the best ones to share your insecurities with. They tend to relay everything you say to thier daughter, her sisters, her brothers, her father and just about anyone else who will listen.
I am not trying to kick you in the teeth. I myself endured a cheat. yes even the tinman no heart and all was busted up by it. Guess what? One day I woke up and realized she wasn't worth my worry.
Not saying your lady is a cheat. My gut tells me she is for real with you. But you acting like a paranoid whimp will make her doubt you. No woman wants to feel like every move is a freak out waiting to happen. Mom inlaws don't want their little girls with guys who are weak. That is unless your weak with them and allow them to own you daily.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How old are you? What do you think?
Listen guy its simple. You over worry and it will:
1. Turn your lady off
2. drive you nuts...
some free advice. Mom inlaws are not the best ones to share your insecurities with. They tend to relay everything you say to thier daughter, her sisters, her brothers, her father and just about anyone else who will listen.
I am not trying to kick you in the teeth. I myself endured a cheat. yes even the tinman no heart and all was busted up by it. Guess what? One day I woke up and realized she wasn't worth my worry.
Not saying your lady is a cheat. My gut tells me she is for real with you. But you acting like a paranoid whimp will make her doubt you. No woman wants to feel like every move is a freak out waiting to happen. Mom inlaws don't want their little girls with guys who are weak. That is unless your weak with them and allow them to own you daily.
Paranoid? yeah, but I have told her to get lost before, and I will be prepared (although not with great happiness) to do it again.

She moved out to Jersey for me a few years ago, and we got into a terrible argument within weeks of her moving here and I told her to take a hike. Didn't talk for a year, and had a great time dating around and playing the field.

What concerns me is that we compliment one another so well. We get along great, she loves my cooking, we make completely stupid jokes, and she tolerates my guys down in Philly. To me, that's great, and no other girl I have dated likes my boys. They all think they are loud and obnoxious, but they are great guys in my eyes.

I'm not spilling my guts to her mom as I know all that get's recycled back to others, we are just small talkng for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships